We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it for us?

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
116 reviews
is it for us?

in the evening we generally like to go for a meal then have a walk then see a bit of entertainment but don't want anything too in your face.

reading the reviews it seems to be cheap for drink and i'm happy with this as long as it's not full of drunks.

is it for us? we would be going for a week at end of may beginning of june

we are 30s /40s couple with no kids

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,175 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: is it for us?

At the time you are thinking of going the resort will be in it's early weeks and shouldn't be over crowded ( unlike July/August which can be manic )

Compared with other European destinations you will find prices very reasonable, especially if you eat/drink off the main beach promenade. Even just 200yds back from the beach prices drop dramatically.

Quite a few bars have live bands on and then there is Karaoke if that takes your fancy.

I have been going for a number of years now and still enjoy it.

Toonman

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: is it for us?

thanks for that. it was the meridien hotel we were thinking of but then i read the reviews and the majority are not good so am getting the impression that the standards are much lower than they are in more developed countries. si this the case?

live bands sounds good to me, hubby likes karaoke, i hate it but he loves it!

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,961 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: is it for us?

There are numerous bars and restaurants near the Meridian and many of them have entertainment. Some with just a singer and keyboard player. Our favourite karaoke bar is Tonys, near the Iceberg nightclub.

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,175 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: is it for us?

Hotels are generally quite decent, it's the food most people complain about which is why the savvy ones try and go B&B.

Decent places with live music are Dak's Bar ( opposite Iceberg Club ) Spyders and Funny Pub on main street and Neptune Bar on sea front near to Hotel Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort.

Toonman

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
116 reviews
5. Re: is it for us?

sounds like its a definite possibility

6. Re: is it for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations