We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish pubs any good

Roscommon, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Irish pubs any good

Hi. Can anybody tell me what the Irish pubs are like and if there worth visiting. Thanks again for everything

11 replies to this topic
Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
90 reviews
1. Re: Irish pubs any good

Daks is an Irish pub, I’ve never been in but it’s popular. Not sure how Irish it is as most of the Irish people I know say it’s not proper Irish but not sure what the requirements are for that lol

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,785 posts
159 reviews
2. Re: Irish pubs any good

Daks isn’t an authentic Irish pub and the drinks are not great.

Jules

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Irish pubs any good

The only things Irish about Daks are one flag behind the bar and a loop tape of Fiddley Diddley music playing when the band is on a break.

Great band though, they play covers of rock classics. I would say it is more a rock music bar than an Irish pub.

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,958 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Irish pubs any good

As mentioned above I dont rate Daks, nothing Irish about it and rubbish drinks. You could try Spiders were a lot of the Irish seem to like.

There is also Jackies Bar towards Nessebur. Never been there but is owned by the Irish.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
820 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Irish pubs any good

"Daks isn’t an authentic Irish pub and the drinks are not great.

Jules"

I'm not too keen on their graffiti either!!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Irish pubs any good

Is daks the one opposite the iceberg nightclub?

Edited: 1:41 pm, May 31, 2018
Level Contributor
42 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: Irish pubs any good

Yes and not very Irish. Not any good Irish bars unless a new one has opened this year. Most bars have Irish and British at night in Sunny beach its great...

Edited: 2:53 pm, May 31, 2018
Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Irish pubs any good

Dak`s is the best known 'Irish' bar in Sunny beach.

It is what it is I guess.

Anyone remember the Irish bar in the New Town Nessebar ? It shut about 3 or 4 years ago. I can`t think why ?

The couple running it were from Ireland. You had to walk down some steps to get to it. The interior was authentic enough - the prices though were very high.

Everyone I know who drank there got banned. I remember once I went in to the wrong loo by mistake. I thought the lass running it was going punch me about it - so funny.

The next time I went for a pee I went to the wrong loo on purpose. She banned me then heheh. After that I used to walk in to use the loo - I was totally banned then lolz

Happy days.

Best,

Paul

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
165 reviews
9. Re: Irish pubs any good

The only Irish thing about DAKS are some flags and a little Irish music whilst the band have a break. Personally not over keen on this place but do still go here to watch Bobby do his thing with his guitar! Always drink bottled beer though😉😉

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,958 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Irish pubs any good

I remember the Irish bar in New Nessebur Paul, think it was called Red Harp or something similar. We had a great night in there..but I did go into the correct loo!

Reply to: Irish pubs any good
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach