We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny Beach worth a visit

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sunny Beach worth a visit

Hi guys

This time of year again deciding where to go on summer holidays..thinking of Bulgaria..DOES anyone recommend a hotel with good entertainment for a 7yr old.is it worth going all inclusive..we did last year in Spain..is there much to do with kids in sunny beach

Thanks

16 replies to this topic
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunny Beach worth a visit

Sunnybeach has everything a 7 year old could ever dream of !

I always say go All Inc if you have kids, but be careful as only a few hotels have decent food, do your homework and research the hotels before booking, ones I would recommend are Iberostar, Evrika, Laguna, Aqua Nevis, Barceló.

All of these have great daytime entertainment programs but like most SB hotels there is very little in the evenings, especially for older kids and adults, most of the evening entertainment is in the bars and restaurants around town ( children are welcomed in bars and restaurants at all times)

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunny Beach worth a visit

all in is only worth it if you spend a lot of time in and around the hotel or you find that you are paying for something that you are not using

and you must have a hotel with good food not all do and the thing is what some say is good others say is bad so you need one that lots say is good

most hotels do not do evening entertainment but

there are lots of things to do out and about as said mostly in the evening

restaurant's bars rides shops and they all cost but it is cheap to eat out

I go B&B and the children love the adventure of finding new places to eat and it costs me no more doing that than staying all in but that dose not suit everyone

all in is good for some not for others it depends on you if you like to sit around the pool all day then all in can be good

Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunny Beach worth a visit

My daughter was 7 on our first visit. We stayed all inclusive in a hotel where there were very little English guests and the entertainment was all in German. She had a fabulous holiday and still

Loves going back. All inclusive is good if you stay tied to the hotel in which case you need good entertainment/waterpark on site. Also if you are big drinkers/eaters and your child is too otherwise you won’t gwt your money’s worth. Knowing sunny beach like I do now, I wouldn’t pay the high prices they charge for all inclusive now. We were lucky back in 2008 and paid £1100 for 2 adults and 1 child mid august for a week all inclusive. It’s far too expensive not IMO. There is much to do and see around sb and the surrounding areas including at night. Many restaurants and bars do entertainment and kids are welcome everywhere. You can eat and drink very cheaply all day long and it gives a bit of variety. Also consider the excursions and water parks and boat trips rather than relying on hotel entertainment. That’s just my opinion on the years we have been going

Edited: 5:10 am, January 13, 2018
Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunny Beach worth a visit

Just to add we are pool people who spend the majority of the day around the hotel pool. However we do go out, waterpark, boat trips, beach days but with all inclusive I think you wouldn’t get your money’s worth unless you stayed at hotel every day. Edit on above “it’s far too expensive to go all inclusive now IMO”

Edited: 5:13 am, January 13, 2018
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunny Beach worth a visit

Thanks a lot for info..we like the day trips watermarks also..we still spends quite a bit even tho we go all inclusive..my daughter loves the buzz around the pool , gets involvedone in games and loves the shows at night that the animation team do..would recommend sunny beach for this or stick to Spain

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunny Beach worth a visit

As said do a bit of research to find the right hotel as food is the problem with people. I don't go All Inclusive in sunny beach but last May my elder daughter an I did only because it was £295 each for flights, 20kg,transfers an a week A/I at the Rui Helios and was a great deal, the hotel is right by the beach and they had plenty of the day an evening entertainment for children ( done by the reps )a bit cheesy , 2nice big pools with plenty of sunbeds, nice hotel food was very good as was the drinks.the Helios is in a great location and is only a few minutes walk to Flower st. I Personally would not go A/I there's so many places to eat and drink cheaply and you miss out on so much that's going on in the resort.BUT if a price came up again like that I would take it.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunny Beach worth a visit

Some of hotels are fab..for the price of the hols for july you get a far better hotel in Bulgaria than Spain.this is reason I'd like a change.I'll check out that hotel you said...thanks again ☺

Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunny Beach worth a visit

I’d rexommend to try Bulgaria over Spain and see your difference. The hotels that have been recommended are good ones. Try it and see I prefer BG over Spain any day just cos of the way Spain has been over produced and just not authentic. Kids go with the flow so whether it be kids club or general atmosphere then so be it. My daughter has been an only child on all of our sb holidays but has enjoyed every one

Edited: 5:07 pm, January 13, 2018
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunny Beach worth a visit

I love coming here rather than spain such a big mix of nationalies you do really get the feeling your away from home ,i know sounds a bit simple but you go to benidorm and all you here is english its like your still at home .

Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunny Beach worth a visit

Sowers I know what you mean, my parents recently went to their friends holiday villa in Spain (can’t remember what area now think it might be Alicante) and the area the villa is in is known to the owners from our area as “the Spanish Ingleby Barwick” which is a massive housing estate/area in our town. I just think what’s the point in that!

Reply to: Sunny Beach worth a visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations