We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny Beach opinions please

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sunny Beach opinions please

Hi all. Would you recommend Sunny Beach for a family of 2 adults and 4 kids aged 9-14? I know very little about Sunny Beach and opinions of those that have been are always better than brochures!! Any recommendations or places to avoid greatly received!! Looking at August next year. Thanks, Nick

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunny Beach opinions please

Would recommend sunny beach without hesitation , great family resort and good value for money.

Atb steve

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunny Beach opinions please

Ps , hotel food is a common complaint in sunny beach , so i would have a look at hotel reviews before deciding on board.

Personally we go b&B as eating out is good value .

Atb steve

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunny Beach opinions please

Sunnybeach is the perfect resort for the family mix you describe, loads for everyone to do.

I would always say go all inc with kids but as Steve says be very careful to read reviews of food before picking a hotel, while there are many excellent all inc hotels there are also some where you wouldn't give the food to a starving tramp.

Check through the online sites of Balkan Holidays, Thomson (TUI) and Thomas Cook for ideas then come back on here for opinions on your short list.

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,141 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunny Beach opinions please

Excellent family resort for all age groups. Biggest resort on Black Sea coastline resulting in a bigger choice of hotels, apartments, entertainment etc. My own personal favourite despite being an oldie. A great family run hotel is the L&B. Only 40 rooms but great staff, standards and only 5 mins to the very centre of the resort.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
942 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunny Beach opinions please

I would definitely recommend this resort for families, go and make your own personal opinion I don't think you would regret it.

Everyone has their own opinions on accommodation I prefer b&b option but would possibly look at all inc if I had children, as ohers have said check out websites and read reviews as hotel food is generally very poor.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunny Beach opinions please

Great resort for families and people of all ages for that matter. My daughter was 7 on our first visit and we have been through the last 9 years and she was 16 when we visited this year. Plenty to do, fabulous beach, very good value for eating out and shopping. We went all inclusive the first 3 times but we prefer to eat out at night times. And snacks and drinks are usually reasonably priced in the hotels and around the resort. I personally don't like to be tied to the hotel, I think with all inclusive your less likely to get out and see the sights because you want to make the most of your all inclusive food and drink. But that's just me, aqua Nevis and Laguna park are good choices for all inclusive as they have a water park in the grounds but for me they are expensive. But definitely go and try the resort

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunny Beach opinions please

Thanks everyone, I'll definitely be speaking to the boss! B&b sounds a possible option here, certainly opens up the choices more

Dennyloanhead...
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunny Beach opinions please

Hi Superhoop , having just been the once last year both my wife and myself had a great holiday in Sunny Beach , we stayed in the Ibero Star Hotel and yes it is a bit more expensive but its a great hotel for families and in a great location too . It has entertainment for all ages both day and night and the entertainment staff are superb . Sunny beach itself is lovely and boasts a beautiful beach along with plenty of things to do . It has some really good restaurants with reasonable prices and some good bars and places to have a drink in .

I would recommend it for families and I don't think you would be disappointed .

John M

9. Re: Sunny Beach opinions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 23, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach