We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you avoid the rowdy part

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Can you avoid the rowdy part

Is their quieter parts of sunny beach to enjoy a drink in the evening maybe a bit of entertainment such as a band/singer/quiz. All I have seen of sunny beach is the tv program which is somewhere I'd avoid.

My husband and I are both in our 40s

Thanks Tracey

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you avoid the rowdy part

No problem at all. Sunny Beach can be as quiet or as rowdy as you want it. Just move a couple of streets back from the strip and you wouldn't even know it's there. Loads of bars and restaurants away from the front and cheaper too.

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you avoid the rowdy part

Thanks for the quick reply. We usually go to Greece and like it quite laid back but do enjoy some entertainment too.

So if I wanted a quiet chilled night out this is available too.

Thanks Tracey

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,557 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you avoid the rowdy part

Absolutely possible especially at the northern end. Also have a night in Nessebar for a lovely, chilled vibe and excellent restaurants.

Jules

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
4,525 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you avoid the rowdy part

@Tracy. Please don't judge Sunny Beach on that program. It's a load of rubbish -- honest. I wouldn't say it otherwise.

I think others on the forum will tell you the same. Visit and make your own mind up.

Have a great holiday.

Best,

Paul

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you avoid the rowdy part

Ignore THAT TV show lol, totally fabricated and the programme was paying youngsters to act up for the cameras. Yes the centre can be a bit loud but generally it's fine and easily avoidable. A couple of minutes away any direction from the centre you will find some really nice bars and restaurants with duos playing.

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
4,525 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you avoid the rowdy part

100% right Mandy.

Best,

Paul

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you avoid the rowdy part

Even on Flower St I wouldn't say it's rowdy as the younger crowd tend to go to their own bars. Quite easy to sit in a bar on Flower St and listen to some good bands without a noisy crowd ( I'm in my 60's and love the rock bands )

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you avoid the rowdy part

I think the Saga Louts can be more rowdy than some of the youngsters on Flower Street 🤑🤑

tateyheed
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you avoid the rowdy part

My now 21 year old son (3/4 yrs ago) was asked on a number of occasions to join the filming ..........he said they were asked to do 'ridiculous things' ..he told them to go and xxxxxxxxxxx.

We have been visiting SB and BG for approx 12 yrs, as PaulH and most others have mentioned the TV program is a load of tosh. Having said that in the late 80s thats exactlly what i did in greece, spain etc. lol. :)

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you avoid the rowdy part

Thanks for all the replies ,goring to have a look at some hotels now.

Thanks Tracey

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach