We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip advice

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trip advice

we are staying at Club Hotel Dolphin in August and would appreciate any advice on trips - would it be better to book through tour operator at the Hotel to feel secure or should be shop around, if so where! we would like to see the elephants etc and would like a idea of cost and comfort factor is it ok to pay by card - also not sure what sort of money to take to sir lanka any advice please

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip advice

Hi, First of all The Dolphin is great fun so I am sure you will enjoy your trip, If you are planning on doing trips locally you could use the local guys for these trips but I wouldn't rely on them for longer trips such as to the elephant orphanage. Local drivers tend to go long routes to show you extra things thinking they are being helpful but it can become a nuissance. The hotel are very good at looking after their guests needs. But I have never taken a trip by them but I have no doubt that they are realible. I took tours organised day tours which I can highly recommend. Also about the money, it is probably easier to bring some sterling cash to exchange at the airport and then travellers checks but you can also use your credit cards. I hope you enjoy your holiday.

Thilinie

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip advice

Hi, First of all The Dolphin is great fun so I am sure you will enjoy your trip, If you are planning on doing trips locally you could use the local guys for these trips but I wouldn't rely on them for longer trips such as to the elephant orphanage. Local drivers tend to go long routes to show you extra things thinking they are being helpful but it can become a nuissance. The hotel are very good at looking after their guests needs. But I have never taken a trip by them but I have no doubt that they are realible. I took tours organised day tours which I can highly recommend. Also about the money, it is probably easier to bring some sterling cash to exchange at the airport and then travellers checks but you can also use your credit cards. I hope you enjoy your holiday.

Thilinie

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: trip advice

Hi - thanks for taking the time to reply I am sure we will find your advice very helpful I will be sure to post my thoughts when we return.

Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations