We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July OK time to visit kalutara with family?

Scotland
3 posts
Save Topic
July OK time to visit kalutara with family?

Are we fooish to visit Sri lanka west coast in July when looking for a beach holiday with some time visiting loacl sights?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July OK time to visit kalutara with family?

Hi Andy,

I think visiting Kalutara in July is a good idea as its not the season and you will be eligible for good hotels/air fare rates in Sri Lanka.

Kalutara is down south of of Sri Lanka and the beaches are wonderful over there. There are plenty of good hotels including luxury and budget in that area and many to chose from. They are equally quite good in their facilities and services including the good food. I would recommend The Blue Water Hotel and The Golden Sun Hotel in Kaluthara. There is also Tangerine and this is also a good hotel.

Hope you will enjoy your stay in Sri Lanka.

Regards.

Treshi, Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Scotland
Level Contributor
26 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July OK time to visit kalutara with family?

HI Andy

I have visited the Kalutara area several times in July/August and it is absoutely fine, it is off season, but that makes no difference.

Enjoy your stay

Regards

Jane

Northampton, England
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July OK time to visit kalutara with family?

Hi

Just arrived back from 2 weeks at the tangerine beach hotel in Kalutara and would recommend it to anyone. all the staff were great, food wonderfull.

cheers

Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations