We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

club dolphin june 2008

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Topic
club dolphin june 2008

Hi

my wife and I are going to Sri Lanka 14th June 2008 for two weeks

we would appreciate any advice on the following

1. weather in June have had conflicting advice some saying it will rain all the time others saying it will be fine most of the time honest advice Please.

2 Money is it best to take US dollars or Sterling or does it not matter

3. is it better to upgrade the room from the bungalows?

thanks for any advice.

Richard.

Washington
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: club dolphin june 2008

Hi again medico5,

I could give you an address where you could write and they would pass to Joseph or Mary but I wouldn't bother if I were you. When you arrive just walk onto the beach and they will find you.

Joseph is a great bloke but if you want a good laugh go on the trips that Blackie arranges

E-mail me and I will send you photos etc.

derekj.trotter@btinternet.com

kent
Level Contributor
849 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: club dolphin june 2008

Hi Medico5

If its of any help i do have Mary and Josephs Telephone numbers you could either ring them or text them.

If you book any trip with them you will feel very safe and part of their family, you will really be looked after very well.

Let me know if you would like these numbers.

Thanks.

SQ7.

liverpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: club dolphin june 2008

Hi

with regards to the wheather, it is monsoon season so it will rain but only for 10 minutes and then dry again. we went at the end of the monsoon and it was nice and refreshing when it was raining and then the sun starting beating down.

We took £100 in rupee's and the rest in sterling travellers cheques exchange rate is about 220 rupees to the pound the american dollars were getting less.

bungalows are clean and basis , but if you can upgrade as the deluxe rooms are great fully a/c Tv & DVD bath & shower they are really spacious.

take a insect repellent with a high deet content (we had 50%) and we still got bitten.

the local children will ask for bonbons (sweets)

Change some rupee's into small notes i.e 100 rupee's as you will need these for tipping on trips etc.

it is a beautiful country and poor in places so please be careful.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: club dolphin june 2008

Hi to you all

thank you for your most helpful replies. will probably just wait and try and catch Joseph and Mary on the beach to book trips.

any additional advice would be most welcome.

thanks again

Richard

15. Re: club dolphin june 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations