We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of meals in evening

Rugby
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Cost of meals in evening

Can anyone give us an idea of the cost of a typical meal in the evening at an average restaurant.

7 replies to this topic
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of meals in evening

Well... very tough question to answer as it would depend on many criterias. Anyway let me try. KFC / McDonald type would less than 1000/- RS per person. 7 to 8 USD. ( for a good meal ). Any food court outlet price also would be similar to this. If you go to a chinees or similar theme restaurant it could be anything from 20 to 25 USD per person for a good meal. ( as u know it would depend on what u order ) a star class hotel restaurnat rates will be about 20% to 30% more. ( 4 to 5 star )There are some really classy new restaurants that has come up in the old dutch hospital building in front of the world trade center. Have not dined there. But prices must be equal to star class.

I almost missed the mount lavinia part. Have not dined there but I have seen lot of average places along the Mount Lavinia hotel road. Per meal it can't cost more than 15 to 20 USD per person. But there must be cheaper places also.

Edited: 9:32 pm, October 23, 2013
2. Re: Cost of meals in evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:28 am, December 30, 2013

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,535 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of meals in evening

The dinner buffet at the Governor's Terrance at the Mount Lavinia Hotel is Rs 2600 PP. (20$)

I personally prefer the food at the Sea Food Cove at the hotel beach, which can be about 15$ PP and upwards.

La Rambla (on the hotel road) and the Lavinia Breeze (seafood on the beach) should be around the same price or cheaper. Haven't been to either one for years

Hannover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of meals in evening

Lunch buffet on Bentota Beach Hotel and Lighthouse Hotel are 2500Rs. For Dinnner 200Rs more.

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of meals in evening

Even at the more expensive hotels £50 for two including a good bottle of wine. Eat at a restaurant and £5 a head will get you a good meal without wine. Eat at a local restaurant and you will eat good curry for £2 but they serve little else.

Horana, null, Sri...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of meals in evening

For your information, here is the KFC Sri Lanka menu (delivery and dine in)

https:/…app_398530783530751

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of meals in evening

We were staying at Mount Lavinia, and wanted to try out a local restaurant for a change, and were so glad we stumbled on this gem of a place - The Angler! In fact, we were their last customer of the day, and they had kind of run out of the vegetable side dish with the Srilankan meal, but made up for it with the chatter and warmth! My review is a tad late, I know as this was in May 2013 - but I do hope its still run by the same couple. I had mentioned this place in my blog too, you can read it here: …blogspot.in/2017/05/mount-lavinia-love-on-b…

https:/…

Reply to: Cost of meals in evening
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
More Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia Topics