We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bismarck and Fargo neighborhoods, hotels, restaurants

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Bismarck and Fargo neighborhoods, hotels, restaurants

Hi! I'll be going to Bismarck and Fargo on short business trips in July. I'm trying to learn about the neighborhoods so that I can select a hotel and restaurant to host a business luncheon.

I prefer to avoid the tourist areas. I'm meeting locals so I want to be where they are or where they would want to go eat.

My hotel preference is always a Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt property - do it yourself hotel. I don't want to be tipping everyone. I want to get in and out quickly and preferably a new property.

Any suggestions?

North Dakota
Level Contributor
602 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bismarck and Fargo neighborhoods, hotels, restaurants

Same goes for Bismarck as I said for Fargo but its even smaller. No Marriotts or Hyatts here but I think we have a Hilton Garden Inn (no restaurant on premises).

The Radisson is downtown and they have a restaurant, plus there are lots of fun restaurants there like Peacock Alley, Toasted Frog and the Blarney Stone. Bistro is another restaurant is very nice but its a few miles from downtown. There are hotels by the mall as well.

We also have a bunch of hotels along State Street in North Bismarck by the capitol. East 40 is a nice restaurant along this stretch.

2. Re: Bismarck and Fargo neighborhoods, hotels, restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, July 28, 2014