We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bald head island villa rental

nj
14 posts
Save Topic
bald head island villa rental

We're thinking about going to Bald Head Island for a week in August. Our kids are 16, 14, and 10. I'm looking for a location to stay...The Villas (condos) -- I think they're near the Bald Head Island Club-- seem reasonably priced. Has anyone stayed there?

Lawton, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bald head island villa rental

I just don't think your kids will like bald head island... it is an isolated island with very little to do for kids, you can only access it via ferry and no cars are allowed.. it is a much older crowd (retirees etc..) i would suggest wrightsville beach.

nj
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bald head island villa rental

I realize that the area is pretty quiet but I think that might be what we're looking for. I thought that my older two would just enjoy the beach and exploring the area in general....but maybe there isn't enough to explore...Have you been there? Is there a better location/area to stay or is it small enough that you can ride bikes to town etc. no matter where you stay? Do you know anything about the Villas (condos) near the Bald Head Island Club or anything about the King James Landing condos?

Lawton, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bald head island villa rental

the condo's are nice and the island is small enough to bike anywhere on the island..it is good for bird watching and sea turtle nests.. but for my taste it is good for a day or 2 and then I get bored.. I get restless so it might be me, but i feel disconnected when I am there too long.. but many people are looking for that..you can't beat it for peace and quiet.. you can rent bikes or golf carts to explore the island.. hope this helps..

nj
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bald head island villa rental

Thanks for your earlier response...Do you have any suggestions as of where to stay in Wrightsville Beach?

Thanks!

Lawton, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bald head island villa rental

if your looking for condo's.. I would suggest intracoastal realty or bryant realty.. they are the 2 major condo rental companies at WB. they both have websites.. for hotels there is holiday sunspree and then my favorite is still the harbor inn..

nj
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bald head island villa rental

thanks so much! I appreciate your help!

7. Re: bald head island villa rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Wrightsville Beach