We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help-- Wrightsville Beach Hotel Help!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
410 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help-- Wrightsville Beach Hotel Help!

Wow-- I've never been so conflicted trying to choose a hotel sight unseen! We (my husband and I along with our 17 year old son)are spending three days in Wilmington in two weeks and would like to stay on Wrightsville Beach. Believe it or not, I now hold three different reservations and have to decide on one before I get charged! I have booked the Holiday Inn Sunspree (it's a handicapped room, all that was available but it's oceanfront on the 5th floor), the Blockade Runner (oceanfront but no balcony) and Shell Island. Shell Island sounded appealing because of the "suite" size but after reading some reviews, I've pretty much ruled it out. The HI is about $100 total more than BR. Can someone out there help me decide??

Is the HI geared more for small kids? I understand it's newer. Is BR run down? We're paying peak prices and it's just so hard to decide!! I'd appreciate ANY thoughts!

NC
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help-- Wrightsville Beach Hotel Help!

I'd recommend Holiday Inn. I thinkt he BR is a little run down these days. The beach is a lovely one, so you should have fun.

New York
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help-- Wrightsville Beach Hotel Help!

I loved the HOliday Inn Sunspree. I guarantee you won't be sorry. Don't know about the other ones. I think the Blockade looked nice from the outside, but I have no firsthand experience there.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
410 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help-- Wrightsville Beach Hotel Help!

Thanks for your help---I think we're headed to the Sunspree. Only problem we have now is that we've booked the only room left and it's wheelchair accessible. That's okay but they can't "guarantee: that it'll be oceanfront. The hotel just says that "as of now, we are in an oceanfront room and they will do their best" I guess that's all we can ask for!

4. Re: Help-- Wrightsville Beach Hotel Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 12, 2009