We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relocation

NC
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
relocation

Hi,

Can anyone give me some information on coastal living between Wilmington/Southport/NewBern/Greenville areas.......Which would u choose and why?

Older single adult, but would love a bigger town for activities sake, but do not want to have to worry about hurricanes, or tons of traffic. Little worried about how Wilmington is changing......any comments on the area would be wonderful. Also on the Southport/NewBern/Greenville areas.

I love to bicycle ride everywhere, so the traffic and so few greenways can be a problem.....Any info would be great

WV
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: relocation

I'm not sure what you mean by Wilmington changing. Please elaborate.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
33 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: relocation

If you love to bicycle, Southport and Oak Island would be the place to go. I don't even like to drive in Wilmington...I can't imagine bicycling there. (Highest accident rate in the state, by the way.)

If you're concerned about hurricanes, Southport would be a good bet, too. You're on the mainland. And tons of activities, clubs, attractions, and things to do.

3. Re: relocation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, August 12, 2009