We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

Which Wilmington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
187 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

Hey,

My husband and I are staying in Wilmington at the Riverside Hilton for 2 nights at the end of this month and are looking for a great restaurant nearby for a Saturday night....fun, great drinks/wine, delicious food, romantic ambiance.... Does anyone have any suggestions? We like most cuisines and don't mind paying for a really wonderful experience. Thanks!!

Charlotte
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

I would consider the Port City Chop House. It is in Wilmington close to the bridge going to Wrightsville Beach. Great steaks and seafood!

Topsail Island
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

They have a Ruth Chris Steakhouse in the Hilton,Then there are several great restuarants within walking distance.Checkout The Deluxe or Catch restaurants.You can also go to yelp.com for reviews and tips.

wilmington, nc
Level Contributor
46 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

Since your staying downtown, I suggest starting the evening off at Front Street Brewery for drinks. Then walking to Circa 1922 right next door for a romantic dinner. You can walk to both from your hotel.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
738 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

If you want an great Ocean view, try the Oceanic at Wrightsville Beach. It has huge windows overlooking the ocean. The food is very good (although not the absolute best in town, although some others think so), but the ambiance is nice. Tell them it is a special occasion and ask for a spot by the window.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

Thank you all so much for the suggestions!! I'll write a trip report when we get back!

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

I second the Oceanic. The food is fantastic and the view is indeed awesome. But, you must call ahead and ask for a window view seating. If you do not ask will not get window view. There are usually surfers to watch also. (Pretty sure this is a year round viewing). Oceanic is in Wrightsville beach.

703 S. Lumina Avenue, Wrightsville Beach, NC - 910.256.5551

Estimated travel time 20 Minutes, 12 miles from the Hilton.

http://oceanicrestaurant.com/

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

Just thought of another FUN evening. We did the Haunted Pub Crawl in Wilmington. It’s a walking tour of some of the bars in Wilmington. You go from bar to bar and order a drink and then the host tells you a ghost story in each bar. It really is fun. You can find reviews on tripadvisor.

www.hauntedwilmington.com/PubCrawl.htm

wilmington, nc
Level Contributor
17 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

The Oceanic is good for drinks on the pier, weather permitting. The food is pretty much fried fish.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

Of course they have fried fish. This is the south and it is a seafood restaurant, but I have NEVER had fried fish there. You can get any fish broiled, grilled, blackened, sautéed or fried. My favorite item is the Oceanic Deluxe platter which is GRILLED fresh fish, sautéed shrimp & Scallops and a broiled lump crab cake. My favorite side is the red pepper mashed potatoes.

10. Re: Restaurant for romantic, fun evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 16, 2010