We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween Weekend in the Wilmington Historic District.

Which Wilmington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Summerville, South...
Level Contributor
20 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween Weekend in the Wilmington Historic District.

We are planning a weekend getaway to Wilmington with another couple Halloween weekend. We usually stay in the historic district and do a couple of the Ghost Tours. I know it gets kinda wild with the college kids on the weekends & I'm wondering if it may be a mistake to go Halloween weekend. Does anyone have any experience? We are in our late 30's and don't mind the college crowd, but don't want to be overrun or kept up all night by parties.

Thanks so much!

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
345 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween Weekend in the Wilmington Historic District.

Hiya Andee! I have a suggestion for ya. Maybe you could try and book a place at Wrightsville beach and just drive into the downtown area just for the evening events and then go back to your lodging. Its a short drive and you can even book a cab if you need to. This way you can enjoy the beach and downtown for something different. I'm 33 AND a college student..lol If you don't like the bigger crowds try to do most of your tours early evening, because the bars get hopping around 11pm and stay in full swing till around 3 am. Hope this helps!

Summerville, South...
Level Contributor
20 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween Weekend in the Wilmington Historic District.

Thank you very much for your input. I will look into other hotels in the area. I love being able to walk to everything, but we have considered going to the aquarium at Fort Fisher and a few other places, so it may work better anyhow.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween Weekend in the Wilmington Historic District.

Another thing to keep in mind is that most of those bars and clubs that have the wild late-night crowds are concentrated in one area (basically centered where Front Street crosses Market). While the hotels and B&B's are within a nice walking distance, they aren't so close that you'd be disturbed all that much, really. Especially if you're at either the Hilton or Best Western and get a room facing the river, away from the businesses.

4. Re: Halloween Weekend in the Wilmington Historic District.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, February 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Wilmington