We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Rentals

Amarillo, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Rentals

After looking at all of the beach options we have decided to go to Wrightsville. Does anyone know if there are chair/umbrella/boogie board rentals. I only have experience with beaches like Daytona which are very accomodating for tourists. If anyone has any insight on what to expect I would appreciate it. We are traveling with small kids so we need to be prepared. Thanks......

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
753 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Rentals

Not right on the beaches, but right off the beach, just after you come over the second bridge, on the left, there is a little bike, board, chair rental place. It is right across from Wings, where you can buy cheap chairs and boogie boards. There are also places to rent sailboats, kayaks, waverunners, etc.

Amarillo, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Rentals

Thank you so much for taking time to reply. I am still a little unsure of Wrightsville Beach but it sounds like there will be things for us to do. Its always hard to go some where new I guess. Is this the beach you would personally recommend? Thanks again.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
753 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Rentals

I am not sure I can give a biased response to that, as I have been going to Wrigtsville Beach for about 45 years. Our family (3 small kids) have a little apartment there now and we love it. I have been to other beaches in NC, as well as lots of other beaches in the country, but still love it. It is more crowded than some beaches, especially on weekends, so I wouldn't call it quiet, but there are still times of day that you can walk on the beach and not feel its packed. As of two weekends ago, when we were down, the beach was quiet waves and lots of sand, but like all beaches, that depends on what the weather is at sea.

What I like about WB is that the beach itself is nice, with some decent reastaurants and bars at the beach, some of which you can walk to. There are surf shops and good ice cream and kayak rental, a water park, etc. All the things that you want in a beach. BUT you are also near the City of Wilmington, with a riverwalk, nice, nonseafood reastaurants, art galleries, shops, a historic district, etc. So, you can get away from the beach if you want. Our kids also like to make a day trip of going for donuts in Carolina BEach, then to the incredible aquarium at Ft. FIscher, then take the ferry to Southport (remembering to bring bread for the gulls) and then lunch at Provision Comp. in Southport. Then home by highway.

Some beaches are bigger and have more things to do, or more quiet and natural, but we find WB to be a nice mix of beach things and other things for us. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Rentals

Where are you staying at Wrightsville, in the past I have stayed at the Holiday Inn and loved it. We just returned from Carolina Beach and I would never return. The beach slopes and the waves pound. At Wrightsville the beach is very flat and wide, the waves come in gently and the shelling is great. Be sure to walk down the beach to the north end-Shell Island for great shells. I have also been to Ocean Isle beach and it was is a very nice beach also. When we stayed at the Holiday Inn the hotel rented the chairs and umbrellas.

Amarillo, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Rentals

OK are trip is over - boohoo!! It was fabulous and wonderful!! I loved Wrightsville Beach. Thank you so much for your helpful information. I did find Wings so I went ahead and just got what I needed there. It was actually very reasonable. It was nice and cool while we were there but yes a little crowded. But we found our little spot on the beach and the boys had a blast. I also loved the town of Wilmington - it is very beautiful. I think I even liked it better than Daytona - more kid friendly.

Thanks again for taking time to help out a tourist. If you are ever in Texas let me know and I will give you some helpful information!!

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Rentals

Glad you liked Wrightsville. Could you tell me where you stayed. I am planning another visit soon and would like other options.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
753 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Rentals

Hey! Thanks for letting us know. Tell us what you did that you especially liked, as people are always asking about "what to do" "where to eat" in WB.

8. Re: Beach Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:47 pm, September 27, 2007
Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Rentals

Corella is near Kill Devil Hills-right?? If so, I thought the water was much colder, since is a lot further north. The sand at Kill Devil is brown and rough and there were no shells the 2 times I was there. I also saw a recent picture of the outerbanks beach that was washed away, there were sand bags all along the front of the hotel. And as far as house rental, it's still about $3000-$10,000 a week primetime, oceanfront.

10. Re: Beach Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:47 pm, September 27, 2007