We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach camping near Wilmington?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
beach camping near Wilmington?

hello! we're looking for recommendations on where to camp around Wilmington. is beach camping allowed on Wrightsville, Kure, or Carolina beaches? thanks!

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach camping near Wilmington?

I've been camping on Carolina Beach where you can drive a big car onto the beach and park up. It was very exciting, I felt like I was in the beginning of the Karate kid (luckily a bunch of bullies didn't show up and break our stereo). Don;t think there's any camping allowed on Wrightsville.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach camping near Wilmington?

I've had friends that have camped on the beach at Carolina Beach. Check out Freeman Park (also called "the North end"). Link is below:

carolinabeach.org/site_new/…freeman_park.html

Here's additional information about camping in the area:

www.insiders.com/wilmington/main-camping2.htm

Have fun!

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach camping near Wilmington?

LOL chemical_girl. Freeman Park is gorgeous.

4. Re: beach camping near Wilmington?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 04, 2009