We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving to wilmington from cleveland

cleveland
3 posts
Save Topic
driving to wilmington from cleveland

How bad is the traffic through Raleigh between 3-4pm?

Same question when arriving in Wilmington between (5-6pm)?

Will then be heading from Wilmington to Myrtle Beach later that evening. Are the mapquest directions okay or is there a better route to go then just heading down route 17?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
33 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving to wilmington from cleveland

All of the traffic will be very manageable. You may get slowed down a bit, and Wilmington is notorious for frustrating traffic patterns (very stop and go), but if you use the outer loops of these two areas, you should be just fine if you're using Route 40.

Route 17 really is the best way to get down to Myrtle Beach. It's a straight shot down 17 about an hour away.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,479 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving to wilmington from cleveland

I agree - Raleigh is really not bad. What I don't care for is the traffic on I-40 between Winston-Salem and Raleigh. We've always hit heavy traffic and construction.

And Wilmington can be frustrating during 5-6. Depends on what day of the week....and if its summer season.

3. Re: driving to wilmington from cleveland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:27 am, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Wilmington
Recent Conversations