We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer visit to Waynesville area - two questions

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
115 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Summer visit to Waynesville area - two questions

Will be visiting the area for about a week long stay. Plan on staying in VRBO in the Waynesville, Bryson, Franklin area. Plan on doing hiking, searching out waterfalls - I have a handle on this from a friend who has done the same thing.

Some of my party will also want to shop in cute little towns, with artsy shops and little cafe's and antiques. Would love a list of your top ten little towns to poke around in.

In the area we want to stay, Waynesville, Bryson, Franklin ...any ideas on where we are going to find the best prices for VRBO. We don't necessarily need a creek, or big views, but don't want to be right on top of our neighbors. Woods is just fine. Looking for single family home or cabin, that would sleep around 4 to 6 people. I will be searching on VRBO, but any insight you might have on where we will get the best price would be greatly appreciated. That would slim down my searching.

Brynn

Mentioned in this post
Waynesville
Waynesville
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,160 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer visit to Waynesville area - two questions

My favorite little town as you described is Clayton GA, just a few miles over the state line. I like that corner of NE GA. Highlands NC is nice but more upscale. Sylva-Dillsboro is another option. The Saturday farmers market in Franklin is great.

I can't help you narrow your search down. Everything from Clayton/ Dilllard/ Rabun Gap/ Lake Burton/ Lake Rabun in Georgia up to Asheville would be great. You may want to look at Brevard. Highlands and Cashiers will be pricier. I'd just enter your dates and price point and look around.

Mentioned in this post
Clayton
Clayton
Rabun County, GA
Highlands
Highlands
Sylva
Sylva
Jackson County, NC
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Asheville
Asheville
Brevard
Brevard
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
621 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer visit to Waynesville area - two questions

Top 10 small towns in that area.

1. Waynesville

2. Bryson City

3. Highlands

4. Clayton

5. Dillsboro

6. Brevard

7. Franklin

8. Murphy

9. Hayesville

10. Sylva

Mentioned in this post
Waynesville
Waynesville
Bryson City
Bryson City
Brevard
Brevard
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
Murphy
Murphy
Sylva
Sylva
Jackson County, NC
Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
115 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer visit to Waynesville area - two questions

thanks great info

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer visit to Waynesville area - two questions

Highlands, Bryson City, Brevard, And if you are truly looking for artsy then you need to look at Black Mountain, Swannanoa... it's worth the drive!!!

Mentioned in this post
Highlands
Highlands
Bryson City
Bryson City
Brevard
Brevard
Black Mountain
Black Mountain
5. Re: Summer visit to Waynesville area - two questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, February 16, 2018