We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

Which Waynesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississippi
Level Contributor
23 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

I have looked over the site for Waynesville and it is lovely.I have found the lodging kinda expensive [but I guess that is because it is a great place to go]

Is there anywhere to stay there other than the B&Bs?

Or anything not super expensive?

Thanks again.

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

just a suggestion...but in the past we have had really good (with other locations) with the following website (Vacation Rentals by Owner - www.vrbo.com). Look in NC for the Smoky mtn. region for Waynesville.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…4148

Waynesville
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

Waynesville's Bed and Breakfast Inns are really great. Worth it if your budget will allow!

Waynesville
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

There are actually a few hotels that seem very nice, from the outside anyway. There is a brand new super 8 in clyde, which is less than 5 minutes from downtown waynesville. Each room appears to have a balcany with a nice view and a couple of rocking chairs. I would also suggest the balsam mountain inn

Charlotte
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

There are a lot of private vacation rentals in the area. It depends on your price range and how many people you need to accommodate. I stayed in a gorgeous log home for $175 that slept 12. I have been to vacation rentals and find rentals. Just type in the city in which you want to stay. I have also stayed in a hotel in Maggie Valley for about $90 in July. (It was a little run down, but a place to sleep). We saved more money staying in a vacation rental. It had a full kitchen so there was no need to eat out. We also saved money because we had family who split the cost. Hope this helps you. ;)

Michigan
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

I agree with vrbo.com for cabin rentals. I also agree for getting a cabin to cook your own meals. That will save you way more than the cost of a roomy cabin over a small hotel room. Try Maggie Valley for rentals. It is 10 minutes from Waynesville and has many more cabins.

north carolina
Level Contributor
67 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

I have stayed at the Days Inn several times and the rooms were fine. Nothing special, but clean. I also occassionally stay at the Waynesville Country Club when I can get the govenment rate. I really enjoy my stays here

USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

I love the area, but am having to watch my budget right now. Luckily, my best friend and I found a very reasonable B and B called The River Lodge in Cullowhee (about 15 miles away.) Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor. I haven't stayed there yet, but made reservations for later this month with the innkeeper and she was super nice. The breakfast looks fantastic! Our total two night stay (w/tax) is costing us $275!

wellington,Floria
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

we are staying at Moose Crossing, it looks like it's separate cabins, fulls equipped, they have a great web site. Will be staying here in April for 1 week, the owner was very nice and helpful on the phone. The location is not very far from main street. adriennepollack@yahoo.com

wellington,Floria
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

I am building a house in Waynesville and go up frequently. We stay in the Oak Park Inn on Main street, but have stayed in the new Super 8 as well. Both are reasonable. I recently stayed in a cabin called Moose Crossing, it was great, very affordable and fully furnished, including soap and papertowels. There is a huge festival in the summer called Folk Moot, book early,all the motels get taken including Maggie Valley. Waynesville has a Best Western which looks decent as well as a Days Inn which is also decent. Stay away from the others. Maggie Valley has alot of motels, most are reasonable. Adriennepollack@yahoo.com

10. Re: Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:36 am, October 23, 2009