We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boyd Mountain Cabins & Christmas Tree Farm??

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Boyd Mountain Cabins & Christmas Tree Farm??

My husband, child and I are planning to go to the Waynesville area to get our Christmas tree and I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or information on the cabin rentals at Boyd Mountain and the Christmas tree farm. Are there any things that we must do in the Waynesville area while there? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Waynesville
Waynesville
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boyd Mountain Cabins & Christmas Tree Farm??

If we get a chance to go to the mountains at Thanksgiving, we get our Christmas tree at Boyd's Farm. I've never stayed in the cabins, but they are beautiful. They are authentic, restored cabins moved in from other places. I saw a couple days ago that they are re-assembling two more.

I have a picture of the farm in my profile. Just click on my name and go to photos.

Their website is http://www.boydmountain.com/

Main St. in Waynesville is always decorated for Christmas and is a must-see.

Hope you have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Waynesville
Waynesville
Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boyd Mountain Cabins & Christmas Tree Farm??

Thanks! Were there many big trees when you went?

I see from your pictures that you also did what looks like the Polar Express ride? We are planning to do that while we are up there as well.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boyd Mountain Cabins & Christmas Tree Farm??

Jayce,

They had trees of sll sizes. I saw some that had to be 10' tall, maybe more. They said that they hold back some from each year's crop to sell the following year as taller trees.

And yes, we did the Polar Express train ride last Thanksgiving weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it!

greenville sc
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boyd Mountain Cabins & Christmas Tree Farm??

Hi, We have stayed at Boyd Mountain many times and in several different cabins. I can't recommend it highly enough. The cabins are sprinkled around a little lake and each cabin is so unique and well-decorated. They are all old, restored cabins that the Boyd have moved to the property. There's a stream for fishing, the trees to look at, hiking, a volleyball net, everything! You will have all the comforts of home in a beautiful & rustic setting. They are close to Waynesville and Maggie Valley. We have been there at all times of the year and each is special. We have two small children and they always have fun riding their scooters, playing basketball, walking around the lake, hiding in the Christmas trees. We even had an Easter egg hunt there one year for our children. I think you'll love it and the Boyds are wonderful!!

Mentioned in this post
Waynesville
Waynesville
Maggie Valley
Maggie Valley
Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boyd Mountain Cabins & Christmas Tree Farm??

Thanks so much!

6. Re: Boyd Mountain Cabins & Christmas Tree Farm??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, October 10, 2009