We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

TVJ
Lynn Haven
Level Contributor
51 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

We have the pleasure of selecting our room for a July stay at the Swag Inn in Waynesville, NC.

If you have stayed there would you share about your particular room? Thanks.

Chapel Hill, NC
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

We have stayed for the last two years in the Bishop's room. What we love about the room is it has a nice sitting area in front of a fireplace, and it has a beautiful view of the mountains from its porch. The bathroom has a nice jacuzzi tub and a steam shower. It has become our very special place and we look forward to going back in October. If it is your first time at the Swag, you are in for a wonderful experience! Ingrid

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

Our friends just got back and RAVED about "The Cabin". We are going the weekend of the 28th and are staying in the Woodshed.

Maybe we'll see you there!

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

Got back from our trip to the Swag last week, and oh! What a WONDERFUL place. The food was delicious it was peaceful and quiet, and we met some exciting folks at dinner.

We stayed in the newly renovated "Woodshed". The photos on the website don't show the renovations yet. It has a living room, King Bed Room, HUGE bathroom with sauna, jetted tub & steam shower. But the best bathing experience is the outdoor shower..... truly heaven.

We're going back in November......

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

In November we stayed in the 2-story (they stayed June 2007) What a great time. The food was unbelievable as always and we got a lot of hiking in. Deener was out of town so we tormented Jane unmercifully! We liked that cabin so much the 4 of us are going back April 27th (Can't wait!).

For 2 people I would still highly recommend the woodshed ( I LOVE that outdoor shower!)

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

cabinqueen,

I'd love to see some pictures of the Swag. Will you post some next time?

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

Brad, Sure I'll post some. I tried to do so after or November trip and I think I put too many in!

We just got back Thursday from another stay at "the Two Story" cabin with friends and again had a WONDER time. The Cabin has been renovated and now has an outdoor shower and outdoor fireplace. I absolutely loved the woodshed and the Two story is really the only cabin for 2 couples. It now has 2 king beds, so sleeping arraingments are very equitable.

They have a new chef that is absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD! When you go make sure you stay long enough to enjoy the BBQ on the knoll, it's fantastic.

We are now trying to find an opening for early August. When you go tell them that crazy fourome from Ellijay sends their love.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

cabinqueen,

It might be easier to post them to a photo sharing site like http://www.webshots.com/ Then you can post a link to them here.

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
476 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

Thanks so much, I'll give that a try. We're headed back to the Swag again November 19th. Again we'll be staying in the Two-Story with another couple.

9. Re: The Swag Inn--what rooms have you stayed in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 24, 2009