We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to find the right place

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,391 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to find the right place

We have never been to the area. Family of 6 adults an 8 and 3 year old. Would prefer a nice house beachfront or within 2 blocks walking. A good alternative would nice condominiums.

Dates are open for this summer. We are flexible.

Would SO appreciate some suggestions so we can get started.

How far a drive from Charlotte?

Thank you so much.

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to find the right place

Queeni,

I love Topsail Island and have been lucky/blessed to be able vacation 2x yr during the spring and fall.

Trying to find the right place can be "stressful" as there are so many choices...Topsail has lots of rental homes, then condominiums and very few hotels.

Yep you need to get started...You should have no problem finding something within 2 blocks from the ocean/beach...I love beachfront but don't overlook the sound/intercostal there are homes on the sound/IC that have there own private beach access. I vacation North Topsail or Topsail Beach less "congestion" Surf City is busier. I would start with the VRBO website and with the numerous rental companies....Century 21, Lewis, Ward and Treasure these are the most popular.You will best know your budget and what will work for your group for a wonderful vacation.

Charlotte is about a 4 hr drive.

Good luck in your search...please let me know if you have any other questions.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,391 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to find the right place

Does anyone have additional suggestion from a past experience. There are so many rental properties, it would be nice to have a direction.

Thanks

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
69 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to find the right place

We use VRBO a lot of the times we visit this area. You can rent from the owners, which sometimes saves you money, and the website is easy to navigate. We have also rented from Ward Realty, and A Beach Place, both were helpful in finding exactly what we were looking for. Both of these rental companies are smaller than Treasure Realty, but I know several friends who have used them successfully as well.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,391 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to find the right place

Thank you all. We are looking. Not easy!

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to find the right place

If you're looking at Topsail Beach (our favorite for 50 years), Bryson's is an old school, very local little real estate rental place. Sterling and Sterleen Bryson (Sterling sadly died two years ago) know everything about Topsail Beach. Brysontopsail.com, but you can just call them up and talk to someone who will actually find you someplace suitable.

The stretch of South Anderson Blvd between maybe 700 and 1000 (by the Queens Grant) is particularly nice. This is old school, old time Topsail Island, just a couple of minutes down to the fantastic Beach Grille, the Quarter Moon, and the other businesses of Topsail Beach.

I may be a Yankee, but I learned to walk on that beach when we lived there in the fifties, and some member of our family has infested the island every year for the past 50 some odd years. Absolutely the best.

cleveland
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to find the right place

We like Shipwatch Villas. Nice condo units right on the beach..all have large oceanfront balconies. making our 4th trip there in less than 3 weeks.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,391 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to find the right place

We needed some space for 8. Found a house that looks nice on Island Drive, North Topsail. Will keep the name of your realty company for future use.

Can anyone help with information about where is the best place to buy groceries, meat and etc? What about fresh seafood for cooking? One or two nights we will eat out. Would love some recommendations that "won't break the bank."

Thank you so much for your valued input.

8. Re: Trying to find the right place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach
More Topsail Beach Topics