We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New River Inlet Rd Beach

Dobson, North...
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
New River Inlet Rd Beach

We are visting Topsail Beach in a few days and I have noticed a few articles about beach erosion and rough currents in North Topsail Beach. We are staying in the 1300 block of New River Inlet Rd. Does anyone have any information of any beach erosion in this area? What about rough currents?

Also, we want to grill on the beach and would love to find a fresh seafood market. Any suggestions?

This is our first trip to Topsail Beach and we are very excited to be visting here. Thank you all for any advice you can give.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New River Inlet Rd Beach

I believe that the area that you are staying in will have little beach erosion. The worst that I have seen is up on the northern end of the island. In your area the beach should be fine, in the past there has even been turtle nests in the dunes, so keep your eye out for that.

As for the currents, it's hard to say, that depends on so much, the weather, time of year, etc. You will know it if they it is dangerous, and pay attention to the folks around you, if they seem to be having trouble, or in no one is in the water, be cautious.

No grilling on the beach or open fires...some rentals provide grills for cooking out, but that depends on your specific unit.

Fresh seafood markets can be found in Surf City, also in Sneads Ferry. We like Everrets and sons in Sneads Ferry. Shrimp is usually plentiful in the area.

I hope this helps you, and please feel free to ask more questions if you have them. Have a good time!

2. Re: New River Inlet Rd Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, June 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach
More Topsail Beach Topics