We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach erosion

Hurricane, West...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
beach erosion

will be staying at 413 n. anderson blvd. topsail beach in sept. have heard about beach erosion, does anyone know how that area is? hope we have space to sit on beach. thanks

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach erosion

I do not know about the exact beachfront at the house you are staying, but usually the south end isn't affected as much with the erosion. But then again, one good storm can change that pretty quick.

Hurricane, West...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beach erosion

i think iam confused, been to surf city stayed at the britts duplex,we drove around area some went down to topsail. it was the street that goes down then splits but u still end up on same road a little later. do u know where iam talking about. well the house i rented is at the south or north end just can't figure this out.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach erosion

If you plug the address into Google maps it will show you the location and a picture.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach erosion

I believe that you are at the south end.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach erosion

Topsail Beach just had a beach nourishment project this last winter and the beachfront looks great. You should not have any problems with beach erosion.

Hurricane, West...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: beach erosion

thanks for all your help ev1. just wish i knew more about house,it don't look to good but manger said it was in good shape and not falling apart. i have breathing problems and was asking him about it. can't stay in mold or anything like that. the only thing that attracted me to this house was i didn't have alot of steps to get inside due to walkin problems..thanks all god bless

7. Re: beach erosion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 08, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach
More Topsail Beach Topics