We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving Sat....entry point(s) to island? traffic?

NJ
Level Contributor
262 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
arriving Sat....entry point(s) to island? traffic?

hi...first time to topsail and we arrive Sat..prob late a.m. we have done obx a few times so have a sense of traffic/food stores on 'entry' day (Sat). is there one way on/off the island? how much traffic should we expect? i read a prior post that grocery store would be jammed on sat..better to wait til sunday? any general info is appreciated! thank you!

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: arriving Sat....entry point(s) to island? traffic?

If it were me, I'd get there early and mabe pickup some groceries and supplies. Food Lion can become a zoo on Saturdays.

North Topsail...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: arriving Sat....entry point(s) to island? traffic?

Just my 2 cents..... keep in mind that your check in time probably won't be until 3:00PM or so. If you go grocery shopping you'll need to keep anything perishable cold until that time.

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: arriving Sat....entry point(s) to island? traffic?

We arrived last Saturday at 4pm, and it was packed! Traffic backed up for a few miles across the swing bridge past Food Lion. I cannot vouch for the north bridge since I did not see it Saturday afternoon. Our GPS showed us a shortcut that saved us about a mile (sand roads). If you can get there earlier, I would recommend it. Otherwise, just roll down the windows, and enjoy the salt air. :)

IGA was crazy on Saturday. We didn't mind it though. It was our first night there, are we are pretty patient folk. Sunday and Monday mornings were dead compared to Saturday evening. Maybe order in a pizza on Saturday, and wait until Sunday to stock up.

Enjoy! :)

14. Re: arriving Sat....entry point(s) to island? traffic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 28, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach
More Topsail Beach Topics