We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation rental

jefferson city, mo
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
vacation rental

Does anyone have information about an oceanfront house in North Topsail Beach named Family Place? We have reserved this house for a week in July, 2011. Would love to know more about the house and beach. We are renting from Century 21. We stayed at C-Breeze last year, awesome house. Highly recomend it to one and all.

Thanks

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation rental

Hi, maybe if you could be a little more specific with the house location, with hundreds of houses on Topsail it's hard to know them all by name. Happy to hear that you're returning to Topsail!

jefferson city, mo
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation rental

Thanks so much for your reply. I realized I should have included the address as soon as I hit sumit. Family Place is located at 194 Topsail Road, North Topsail Island. Google has it at Sneeds Ferry, don't quite understand that.

We trully love Topsail Island and hope to find an ocean front place we can afford so that we can return each summer. We live in Missouri and are happy to make the three day drive for a 'little peice of heaven". My youngest grandson is six so must have a place where the beach is "small kid friendly".

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation rental

If you have little ones, look at the south end of the island in Topsail Beach. (You posted in the TB forum, but the home you are describing is at the other end of the island.)

I suggest Topsail Beach because the Sound is behind that end of the island and there is a very nice beach at the end of the island on the Sound side with no waves, and great swimming. There is a public beach access and a parking lot. When it is low tide, you can tromp out to the inlet and there are tidal pools, flats, and lots of fun critters to find.

If you look at a map of Topsail, the parking lot is at the end of Shore Line Drive at the very southern end.

The area all along Ocean Blvd. is very nice. The beach has been wide the last few years I have visited. (The north end of Topsail Island has been fighting erosion as the sand moves to the south.) The other thing that is very nice is Ocean Blvd. is a block off the main road, and away from Surf City, so it is much quieter, and the beach is hardly more than a handful of people-even on a Saturday!

The house you found looks nice. It is literally right next to a public beach access though, so I don't know if that would be an issue for you. Could mean more people on the beach, but there isn't a parking lot there, so it probably just caters to the other homes in the area that aren't on the beach.

jefferson city, mo
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacation rental

Thanks for the info about the south end of T. I. we will definately check that out. I am attracted to Family Place because of the floor plan, rents as a three bedroom but has a loft that can be used as a fourth bedroom, a great plus for a senior citizen on a limited budget. The weekly price is one of the best I have found. The public acess won't bother us, we enjoy people and pets on the beach. Thanks for being in touch.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vacation rental

The place you have reserved is in an excellent location. It's less than 10 minutes from the downtown area of Surf City and the shopping center in Sneads Ferry.

Because it's located off the main drag, traffic won't be a problem.

I believe I checked out this house for someone else last year but I will stop by on my way to work and look at it again and see what the condition of the beach is for you.

Topsail Beach is a very nice place too but it can be cumbersome if you want to leave that town and go anywhere else. The only road off the island in that town takes you through Surf City so in the summer months traffic can be heavy and slow. That would be especially true during the time when you are planning on vacationing. If you don't plan on venturing out from the town during that time, it's a great place. My job takes me all over the island and I'm driving at all different times of the day and night several times a week so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to traffic.

North Topsail Beach is sometimes listed under Sneads Ferry because the two towns share one post office and one zip code. The actual post office is located in Sneads Ferry. Sometimes we just have to share things - much like this Topsail Beach travel forum is often posted on by people wanting to comment on Topsail Island and North Topsail Beach, which do not have their own forums.

jefferson city, mo
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacation rental

Thank you conniecat for the info on 194 Topsail Rd ie Family Place. The locatiion sounds great and am glad it is on a side street as our bedrooms are streetside so prehaps less traffic means quieter nights. I am curious about the empty lots on each side of the property Seems odd that two prime beach front locations are empty. I know last year two propertys on TL were condemned and torn down, any chance they were at this location.

I am glad you are checking out the beach. I can not walk on soft sand, so will be bring a portable wood walkway to help me get to te waters edge. The walkway rolls up and is not cumbersome, quite a wonderful aid for people like me. I also have limited sight so must be ocean front. I have my figners crossed that the inside of the house is well maintained.

Traffic will not be a problem for us, once we have our grocrys we are content to just do the "beach thing". I have heard of a riding stable in Seands Ferry that the others may check out.

Thank you so much

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vacation rental

I took some photos and will send the link to you on Monday.

jefferson city, mo
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vacation rental

Wow! That is really nice of you. Can't wait to see them, thank you so very much. Hope you are having a great Sunday.

north carolina
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: vacation rental

I actually stayed at the Family Place 2 years ago and it is a great house. We were a family of 5 and had a fantastic vacation. The beach was beautiful and everyone we met was so friendly. The house was recommended to me by one of the agents at Century 21 and they chose a great house for my family. I would recommend it to anyone! Good Luck :-)

jefferson city, mo
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vacation rental

Thank you for your post. We will be a family of five or possibly six. My grandson liked the pictures of the loft. We rented from Century 21 last summer and were very pleased with their service. My biggest concern is that the property is clean and well maintained. We would have liked to stay two weeks, but Family Place is only available for one week. We are thinking of going down the coast to Brunswick Island, but don't know much about that area. If you have any suggestions for a good beach vacation I would love to hear from you.

Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach
More Topsail Beach Topics