We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Drive - North Topsail Beach

USA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Island Drive - North Topsail Beach

This will be our first visit to the area. We are considering a couple rentals on Island Drive (area between # 3700 and 4400). Is this a nice area with a wide beach (I know it may change before June), or is it in an area experiencing erosion?

I've seen "south" Topsail mentioned as a favorite place. Can you give me an idea of the addresses in this area? (Does this area start on Ocean Blvd?)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Drive - North Topsail Beach

That stretch of Topsail along Island Drive isn't quite what I consider North Topsail, since it is south of the high bridge, so that isn't the area that is having problems with erosion like they do close to the inlet. It is a nice area. Large homes and quiet. The road is the only north-south passage through that area.

Topsail Beach-the town of, starts further north of Ocean Blvd. The actual "business" district of TB is near where Ocean Blvd. starts. OB is just one block off the main drag from Anderson Blvd.

We stay along Ocean Blvd. I like it because the road isn't as busy. (Not that ANY part of Topsail is hectic.)

ohio
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Drive - North Topsail Beach

We stayed in the 3700 block of Island Drive a couple of years ago in Oct. The beach is very nice in that area . (it was listed as north topsail by the rental co)

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Drive - North Topsail Beach

It is experiencing a little erosion but not too bad.

I was able to ride the length of that town's beach in SUVs with North Topsail Beach officials last week and look at erosion trouble areas. The 13 miles of the town's beach all had varying levels of erosion but that is not uncommon for this time of year. By the time spring and summer gets here the beach will see some accretion and look a lot nicer. In addition, the town is looking at alternatives, such as doing a beach push or trucking in sand in troubled areas before summer.

Topsail Beach (south Topsail) starts way before Ocean Blvd. Leaving Surf City and heading south, it begins around Hispaniola Ln where South Shore Drive becomes N. Anderson Blvd.

Surf City encompasses about six miles between Topsail Beach and North Topsail Beach. It goes all the way north to the Brass Pelican (a bar and local landmark).

North Topsail is actually quite a long town in comparison to the other two and stretches about 13 miles. Just a little more than half the town is north of the highrise bridge but there's a lot of it that is south of the bridge, too.

I hope this answered any questions you might have.

4. Re: Island Drive - North Topsail Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach
More Topsail Beach Topics