We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some advice please!

PA
Level Contributor
899 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Need some advice please!

We are from PA & have gone to the Outer Banks for years (after getting tired of the Ocean City, MD scene). Friends mentioned Topsail to us, and I have been researching it. It seems just like the kind of place my husband & I would love, but our sons are 20 & 18, and they'd probably take along friends or their girlfriends. Would there be anything for them to do?

How are the waves? They like to surf & boogy board.

Any one area you'd suggest over another?

What rental company would you suggest? Any chance of finding a house with a pool, even a community pool?

Thanks so much!

Edited: 5:59 pm, January 17, 2010
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some advice please!

Topsail Beach doesn't have any condo communities on the beach with a pool. You can head to the north end of the island for several condo complexes with pools, but I don't know anything really about them.

Waves are good. Some days better than others. Last year on our vacation we got back-to-back storms that stayed out to sea, but made the surf amazing. Waves at the south end near where we stay are usually good. Last summer there was a surfing school there.

As for teen stimulus, there isn't a whole lot. I go down there with 4 teenage boys, and there are days where they are a bit bored, especially if they have had enough surf and sun and opt to stay indoors and flop around. Mine do like going over to the sound and parking, and going to the back side of the island and walking out toward the inlet where you can swim. There is always fishing, although they never catch much. Topsail is a trade off-you get away from the hustle and bustle and you get lots of peace. If the kids are good at self-entertaining, that is a plus.

Wilmington is not far, where you can find anything you desire. Movies, waterslides, cheezy road-side zoo, etc.

Can't help you with rental companies. I haven't heard horror stories. We used A Beach Place Realty last summer, and they were excellent. No problems.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some advice please!

North Topsail has many Condo facilities with pools. The Villa Capriani is probably the nicest and the most expensive. Try villacapriani.com to see pictures. They have 3 bedroom units. If that one is too high Try the shipwatch town homes or the St Regis. You will love N Topsail. It is very quiet and relaxing and the water is great, sometimes rough enough for surfing sometimes gentle. The fishing is great there. Try Treasure Realty, they have the largest selection of Condo and private homes ocean front.

3. Re: Need some advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 18, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach
More Topsail Beach Topics