We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flies ?

Clemson, South...
Level Contributor
230 posts
303 reviews
Save Topic
Flies ?

Currently at Holden Beach and the flies are the worst I have ever experienced. Cannot enjoy the beach at all, unless in the water. Just wondering if they are as bad at Topsail. We usually stay at Topsail but tried Holden this year. May be back at Topsail next year.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flies ?

We've had a pretty brisk wind here that has kept the flies at bay most of the time; however, this is the time of year when they can get bad. I haven't noticed it too much yet but I did see someone talking about flies on Facebook, so maybe I just haven't been out when they've been bad.

Clemson, South...
Level Contributor
230 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flies ?

Thanks Connie - Actually had a fly free afternoon here today. The wind shifted and is now from the E-SE. Amazing how they can be so horribly fly infested one day and wonderfully fly free the next.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flies ?

The only postive side to the flies is they bring the dragon flys with them :)

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flies ?

I wish I were annoyed with flies on Topsail right about now. :)

5. Re: Flies ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Surf City