We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suf City's Bar-Gilligans-Community Spirit

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Suf City's Bar-Gilligans-Community Spirit

While visiting Surf City on your next trip through, you may wan to stop in and raise a glass to this local establishment that offers a helping hand to those who need it.

wect.com/story/16380809/bar-joins-forces-wit…

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suf City's Bar-Gilligans-Community Spirit

I used to go to Gilligan's years ago when I was a bartender at another establishment in Surf City. It was a real fun place with fun people.

It's nice to see they help out those in need.

Right off hand I can think of two other local bars that do the same sort of thing.

The Brass Pelican, which is at the Surf City/North Topsail Beach line, does a lot of fundraising for breast cancer.

Rick's in Sneads Ferry on the causeway to the beach donates a lot to the local community at Christmas and other times of the year.

We are really fortunate to have so many good, caring people in the area :)

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suf City's Bar-Gilligans-Community Spirit

That's great!

3. Re: Suf City's Bar-Gilligans-Community Spirit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations