We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking

Clemson, South...
Level Contributor
230 posts
294 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking

Does anyone know if Ricks, Lorelies, the Seahorse, or any other restaurant/bar either not permit smoking or have a no smoking areas?

Thanks,

NPH

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking

No smoking in any public restaurants or bars as of January 1st.

On our last visit I didn't see any smoking in the restaurants that we went to,

Clemson, South...
Level Contributor
230 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking

Great news!

Thanks djad.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking

As of 2010 all NC restaurants and public bars are smoke-free....indoors at least. (Most allow it if they've got patios, sidewalk seats, etc.)

Edited: 12:46 pm, September 08, 2010
Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking

The only place I can think of in the area that the law allows smoking inside is The Smokers Post Cigar Bar in Sneads Ferry.

Clemson, South...
Level Contributor
230 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking

Thanks for all the information. We're not looking for a place to smoke - just the opposite. Have seen good reviews of the places I mentioned in the original post but the one time we tried Ricks we were really bothered by the smoke - even in the no-smoking section. So - good to know that NC is progressive enough to ban smoking in public restaurants AND bars.

NPH

6. Re: Smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 09, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations