We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Cove or 2422 S. Shore Drive -- need advice quickly!?

Rocky River, Ohio
Level Contributor
196 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle Cove or 2422 S. Shore Drive -- need advice quickly!?

I've narrowed it down to two places to stay for a late Sept. vacation. One is an oceanfront Turtle Cove townhouse that looks nice, with large sundecks, decent interior, etc. My only concern is that it looks kind of small, and there may be 6 of staying us there. The other is a single home at 2422 S. Shore Drive that also looks very nice. Only concern there is that there is only one sundeck and if we take my mom-in-law, she doesn't do steps very well and all the bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs. Does anyone have any opinions on the location of these places, or if you know of either of them, anything I should be aware of? Are the beaches nicer in one area than the other? Is there more to do in one area than the other? Any other advice on single home vs. townhouse? Help!! I need to make my final decision tomorrow!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Cove or 2422 S. Shore Drive -- need advice quickly!?

I would take the house; there are several Turtle Cove townshouses of varied sq. ft; hard to advise; some in foreclosure... Hopefully others will comment today.

Rocky River, Ohio
Level Contributor
196 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Cove or 2422 S. Shore Drive -- need advice quickly!?

The square footage of the Turtle Cove townhouse is exactly what I'm concerned about. The living/dining room combo looks very cramped, and that's my biggest (actually ONLY concern) with that place. Are you familiar with the area that the single home is in? Really the only DOWN side to that place is that there is only one small-ish outdoor sundeck.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Cove or 2422 S. Shore Drive -- need advice quickly!?

Have some friends who considered buying a townhouse (quite a few short sales, foreclosures, etc.) They mentioned that it was really small. Can you find out the sq. ft of the one you are considering? I don't remember the house, but most houses in the area seemed nice. I think it is on the S.S. Drive, going towards Indigo restaurant. Sorry not being too much help & I am surprised people in Surf City right now have not replied....

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle Cove or 2422 S. Shore Drive -- need advice quickly!?

I'm not familiar with either of those places. I hope you got the one that fits your needs best.

Rocky River, Ohio
Level Contributor
196 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turtle Cove or 2422 S. Shore Drive -- need advice quickly!?

I think I'm just going to stick with the house and have a little more room on the inside in case we end up with bad weather, etc. Plus if there are 5 of us and we want to play cards, doing it around a 4-top table would be a little too close for comfort. The condo looked like there was only one couch and two ottomans that served dual function as coffee table, and that's just not going to work.

Anyway, if anybody is familiar with the South Shore drive area (2242 I believe is the address), I'd be interested in your takes on nearby restaurants, bars, where to go to rent kayaks, and any other ideas for things to do.

Thanks for all your feedback!

6. Re: Turtle Cove or 2422 S. Shore Drive -- need advice quickly!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations