We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

184 and 188 in topsail area

Kentucky
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
184 and 188 in topsail area

The places I have been deciding between on Topsail are in North Topsail and pretty close to each other, I assume. One is located at 184 Sea Shore Drive and the other 188 Sea Shore Drive. Do these areas have plenty of beach (even at high tide), and what is the slope in the water like here? Is it gradual or drop off due to erosion? I have been reading a lot about the erosion problems here in North Topsail, so I was just curious. Any advise is greatly appreciated. And how crowded with this area be on June 26 through July 3. I know, bad time, but a family member is only off that week.

Thanks,

Jessica

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 184 and 188 in topsail area

Check the reply to your question on the Topsail forum.

Lexington, Kentucky
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 184 and 188 in topsail area

Have stayed at 252 Sea Shore Dr 3 times and the house next to it once. The last 2 times we stayed there which was May 2009 and September 2008 of last year there was no beach left at high tide. That could have been due to weather?? We stayed on Topsail beach in September 2009 and May of this year and had enough beach at high tide that we didn't have to go to the deck . Where in Ky do you live. I am in the Lexington area.

Lexington, Kentucky
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 184 and 188 in topsail area

Have stayed at 252 Sea Shore Dr 3 times and the house next to it once. The last 2 times we stayed there which was May 2009 and September 2008 there was no beach left at high tide. The water had a gradual slope. We stayed in Topsail beach in September 2009 and May of this year and had enough beach at high tide that we didn't have to go to the deck . Where in Ky do you live. I am in the Lexington area.

Edited: 5:33 pm, June 20, 2010
Lexington, Kentucky
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 184 and 188 in topsail area

Didn't mean to post twice. Tried to edit and.....................

Kentucky
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 184 and 188 in topsail area

That's okay (the double post). I have done that before too. I am from close to the hazard area, about 1 1/2 hours from Lexington. We go to Lexington all the time (the big city to us down here, LOL). We have only stayed in Myrtle Beach before. I sure hope that it was due to the timing that you were there, cause I don't want to have to take to the porch. Where all else have you been? We had been looking at Holden Beach and Oak Island as well. And possibly in North Myrtle Beach if we could not find something in one of these quieter areas.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 184 and 188 in topsail area

Myrtle Beach and Topsail are worlds different. Myrtle is very crowded and very commercial. Topsail is very family oriented and very quiet. So if you wants lots to do off the beach and don’t mind the crowds on the beach then Myrtle is for you. If you want a quiet relaxing beach then Topsail is the place to go. Even if High tide runs you off the beach, it is for a very short time and the advantage is that you are close to the water even on your deck; makes it great for morning coffee, evening beers and night time relaxing. You can’t get that close in Myrtle.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 184 and 188 in topsail area

Thanks for your reply. I am really hoping to go to topsail, but I don't seem to be able to get any prices to come down to what my group needed to pay for a house. Lovely houses. I would so much rather come there, but it is looking like we will be north myrtle beach bound, unless something changes today, because I have to get something today since we head out Saturday. I hope at least that North Myrtle will not be as crowded as Myrtle, because I do mind crowds. It is just that every time my husband and I have went on vacation, it was usually just us, so we couldn't afford a big house or condo, so we always just went to myrtle during the offseason (less crowds) where it was cheaper. Now that we have a group going to split cost with, I have to take the financial needs of everyone going into account. Sure do wish something would change though, cause I would love to try out topsail!!! It sounds more like my kind of place.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 184 and 188 in topsail area

have you tried Treasure Realty's Page??

treasurerealty.com/rentals/rentalindex.htm

Lexington, Kentucky
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 184 and 188 in topsail area

I go to Hazard several times a year on business. Sure hope Topsail won out and you guys have had a great time. I will be back in Topsail late September or early October and can't wait.

10. Re: 184 and 188 in topsail area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 31, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations