We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have 2 questions for locals....

OHIO
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I have 2 questions for locals....

Whats the water temp and weather like in early May? And second, has anyone used or can recommend Trinity Focus Photography? We were thinking of getting some professional photos taken at the beach....Thanks!!

Izzie

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have 2 questions for locals....

The water temps are usually in the mid 60s in early May but are sometimes warmer.

I'm not familiar with that photographer.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be more helpful. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have 2 questions for locals....

I love this link for water temps.

weather.com/maps/activity/boatbeach/southeas…

As you can see the water temp is already 61 degrees. In early May it is still cool but I really think it is in the high 60s and low 70s. Come August our water temps are in the 80s. Just wonderful!! You can definitely get in a swim but not for too long and the pools are open for most condos. The pools will also be cold.

Topsail Island
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have 2 questions for locals....

If the air temps are in the 90s at the end of May the water might be bearable but it will still take your breath away.I don't hit the water till June,I hate cold water.

Never hear of that Photographer but I will give you the name of a good one around here as soon as i can find His card.

4. Re: I have 2 questions for locals....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations