We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carolina Balloonfest. First and LAST time

Which Statesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Carolina Balloonfest. First and LAST time

After waiting for an hour and a half to get into the parking lot, we had to stand in line for 30 minutes to get cash turned into tickets, after which every line to get anything to eat or drink was at least another 20-40 minutes. The bathroom lines were at least that bad. Absurd. When I heard that this event has been held for many years, I couldn't believe it. If it had been the first year this event had ever been held--or even the second or third--I could understand the disorganization, but there's no excuse for how poorly this event was organized. I have a feeling that the event has outgrown the facility (Statesville Airport) and/or the people who organize it. And, how 'bout a few trashcans?

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carolina Balloonfest. First and LAST time

It's a shame you had such a bad time.

2. Re: Carolina Balloonfest. First and LAST time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, April 23, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Statesville