We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats' the area of Sanford like?

NY
1 post
Save Topic
Whats' the area of Sanford like?

I am moving some horses down to live on a retirement farm in Sanford, NC. I was just wondering what the surrounding area, towns are like. Are there pleny of hotels to stay in?

NC
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Whats' the area of Sanford like?

It depends on what you're looking for when you move. Sanford is not quite as dead as people make it sound. I like the quite, but I live 12 miles out of town in a rural area. I grew up here and left for nearly 20 years before returning. However, after living in larger cities and in a coastal area, I'm glad to be away from big crowds, congested traffic and the noise. Sanford is growing though and will have more to offer within the next year or two. Although there are events, shopping, etc here now, no it doesn't compare to Raleigh, Charlotte, Greensboro, etc. Raleigh and Fayetteville are close enough for quick shopping trips or other events that can't be found here though.

So far as preferences to Southern Pines, look for higher prices and just a more "better than thou" attitude. Most of that though doesn't appear to come from the "older population" though but from newcomers who enjoy tossing about that they're from "Pinehurst". I do have family there so I know it's not the whole population but a select few that present that attitude though. There are nice areas there also. Moss Foundation is a wonderful place for riding, but so are several places in the Sanford area.

12. Re: Whats' the area of Sanford like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:24 am, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sanford
Recent Conversations