We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Saluda
Search

saluda mountain lodge

Prosperity, SC
2 posts
saluda mountain lodge
Save

Great place to stay. Affordable and newly renovated. The view from the back of the room is spectacular. The morning fog hangs over the mountaintop creating a beautiful scene. Great service. Family owned and operated. They treat you like one of the family.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
1. Re: saluda mountain lodge
Save

Thanks for the post - I could not find any rate info on their site....how much?

Prosperity, SC
2 posts
2. Re: saluda mountain lodge
Save

Thanks for asking. The rates this time of year are $79 weekdays and $89 weekends for a couple. All the rooms are fresh and clean with a coffee pot and microwave.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
3. Re: saluda mountain lodge
Save

Thanks - did you go to the Jamboree while there?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
251 reviews
63 helpful votes
4. Re: saluda mountain lodge
Save

how big of a place is it? we'll be in Saluda doing a kayak trip and need a palce for one night? Thanks

Pampa, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: saluda mountain lodge
Save

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has stayed here recently and what your thoughts are on the Saluda Mountain Lodge.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
6. Re: saluda mountain lodge
Save

I'm thinking the original poster was probably the owner. LOL.

Pampa, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
7. Re: saluda mountain lodge
Save

We have reservations coming up here (as our daughter is getting married at the Saluda Mountain Jamboree). I will post a review once our stay is complete.

Since we have reserved several rooms for several nights in a row, I will say that they have really given us a great rate during this peak season for fall colors changing.

I will keep you posted.

~Sheila

Pampa, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
8. Re: saluda mountain lodge
Save

We stayed at the Saluda Mountain Lodge for a total of 5 nights on two rooms and 3 nights on three additional rooms.

First, I had read elsewhere online that this was a B&B. It was verified before I made my reservations that it is not (which was fine with us). Just so you know, THIS IS NOT A BED AND BREAKFAST (there are a couple of them in town but I don't think they have the same views)! THIS IS BASICALLY A VERY CLEAN MOTOR LODGE WITH MINIMAL AMINITIES. STILL A VERY NICE PLACE TO STAY. Rooms did have wireless internet that worked pretty well for the area, a television with basic channels, hair dryers and coffee pots.

The rooms were all of a good size and were all clean upon arrival. In the 5 days we were there, however, my room was never cleaned again. I would have to go ask for fresh towels and coffee for the coffee pots every day. They also do not have an iron for public use, luckily the night clerks loaned me their personal iron (I had a lot of ironing to do for the wedding, so I ended up going and buying a cheap iron so that I could have it for the entire trip).

THEY accidentally double booked 3 of our reservations. They didn't double book our rooms they reserved three of our rooms twice (booked 8 rooms instead of 5) and then tried to make me feel guilty that they were out the money if they didn't rent out those extra rooms. Since it wasn't my error, the guilt trip wasn't too bad. They did explain that both of his or her parents were ill and that their hands were full so, I cut them some slack on those issues.

HOWEVER, ALL THAT ASSIDE... THE VIEWS OUT THE FRONT AND BACK DOORS ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! THE VIEWS MAKE THE ENTIRE STAY WORTHWHILE. IF YOU DO STAY HERE, BOOK A ROOM WITH THE ADDITIONAL BACK DOOR.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Overall on a five star scale, I would give this 3.75 stars... 3 stars for the service and 5 stars for the views.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
9. Re: saluda mountain lodge
Save

Thanks.

10. Re: saluda mountain lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saluda
More Saluda Topics