We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hendrix BBQ West innes St Salisbury

Which Salisbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Hendrix BBQ West innes St Salisbury

For those of you that are fans of Hendrix BBQ take heart and read and try to understand what I am talking about There is ONE main idea that I have about All retaurants ( I heard a food professor say this ) Stay true to your DNA in that I mean if your a Hotdog stand then serve hotdogs sure you can have other things fries for example and you can have hamburgers but, that or those should be a side line your main items should be hot dogs, footlongs chilli dogs , cheese dogs and other types of dogs stay true to what you are ... or what you say you are.

Now saying that Hendrix is not a BBQ joint they have it in the name but, 95% of their menu is breakfast or none BBQ items. they only have ribs once a week but, they have those burgers and fried eggs everyday! They do have pulled pork sandwiches and so called BBq Chicken not sure if they have the chicken everyday. I tasted the chicken I do not know how they cooked it the server said their was cooked on a grill in the back I tasted no smoke in the chicken nor the pulled pork I did taste a rub or seasoning may have been a BBq seasoning on the chicken the second server ( the first one shorted me on the bill)you have to put the sauce on it . I tasted the meat first the sauce was like water I tasted a little tomatoe flavor and vinegar ( sorry not very good at all)

All in all Hendrix your a breakfast place in my opnoin you kept the name to draw people in

Still on the bad side if you smoke you do not have light one up just breathe I was told that there was a non smoking section but, no sign so I was not aware until just before leaving

On the good side its cheap half chicken I thing was 595 today chicken and dumplins I think was 2.95 good price did not taste or see

SALISBURY
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Hendrix BBQ West innes St Salisbury

First of all, Hendrix serves Lexington style BBQ. Secondly, Lexington is know as the BBQ capital. So I'm not sure what type of BBQ you are comparing Hendrix's to, or where your from...but this style BBQ is how we love it in this part of the country.

Also, where do you get that the menu is 95% breakfast? Breakfast is only served until 10:30 or 11:00AM. Don't most BBQ restaurants serve breakfast?

I don't know ANYONE in North Carolina who refers to BBQ as 'pulled pork'! It's either sliced, chopped or coarse chopped. It's obvious that you are not from around here.

OH, and the BBQ Chicken isn't Smoked... it's BBQ chicken, hence the name BBQ CHICKEN!

AND LASTLY.... HENDRIX BBQ WAS VOTED ONE OF THE TOP 15 BBQ RESTAURANTS IN NORTH AND SOUTH CAROLINA.

Thank you for your input, but at the end of the day... Hendrix BBQ is and will always be my favorite place to eat. (I've been going there since I was very young with my family, and they love it just as much as I do.) To anyone reading this, GO TRY IT FOR YOURSELF, DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE INFLUENCE YOU!!! IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Re: Hendrix BBQ West innes St Salisbury

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Salisbury