We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Better at Agnes Water or Seventeen Seventy?

Which Agnes Water hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Better at Agnes Water or Seventeen Seventy?

I think we might include a trip up to this area to do some diving on the GBR, so just wondering if one area is nicer than the other in terms of local beaches/scenery? Or does one area have more in terms of places to pick up food, grab a bite to eat?

When I started looking I thought they were the same place, but now that I see they are on different sides, not sure where to stay. I'm assuming the dive trips will pick up from both as the look quite close.

Overall is this a good area to spend a few days? (I think we're cutting out the Whitsundays for this... a little nervous to do that but just getting concerned about the weather in Whitsundays for January and the sailing trip we have booked is not cheap either).

Thank you!!

1 reply
Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Better at Agnes Water or Seventeen Seventy?

Hi, this is a beautiful part of Australia. A few days would be perfect. We stayed in 1770, very quiet little town, Agnes Water would be around a 5 minute drive away, more shops etc there than in 1770.

The way I explain the 2 places is 1770 on one side has no waves/flat calm water and on the other side of the headland is Agnes Water with the surf beaches. My opinion only, but I think 1770 is more visually beautiful than Agnes Water (depending on where you stay, see my review for The Beach Shacks) but are limited to eating places, there is a hotel/pub which does food and further down the road where the day trips to Lady Musgrave leave from is a takeaway food cafe. More eating options in Agnes water.

We went on a day trip to Lady Musgrave Island on the Spirit of 1770, there were divers on this boat, as we were snorkeling I could see them walking underneath us, don't know where else they went though. Agnes Water had a few more booking agents for boats that took divers out...

We were here in early Feb and had pretty good weather, some days hot and overcast with rain at night, next day perfect blue skies. I have some photo's under my user name as well as reviews. Theres also a facebook link to look at: https://www.facebook.com/1770AgnesWater

Rene

Reply to: Beach Better at Agnes Water or Seventeen Seventy?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted