We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Litchfield to Katherine - Where to Eat? Batchelor an Option?

Udine, Italy
Level Contributor
396 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Litchfield to Katherine - Where to Eat? Batchelor an Option?

Hello everyone, early in May I'll spend a day traveling from Darwin to Katherine, stopping at Litchfield. I was starting to wonder where we could have lunch. Ideally I'd like to stop around Batchelor, but haven't found about places selling food on the Internet. We'd like to spend the morning in Litchfield and the afternoon on the Stuart, to reach Katherine. Hence a stop around Batchelor would be great for us. Doesn't matter what kind of place selling food it is. We just need to get a quick bite ;-) Anyone knows about some place selling food in the area?

Thanks a lot!

4 replies to this topic
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Litchfield to Katherine - Where to Eat? Batchelor an Option?

You could drive on to Adelaide River township and have one of their popular Barra and chips, get in before the tourist buses do!. There is also Latitude 1308 which has a cafe and is about 4 km beyond Wangi Falls. There is a kiosk at the falls but its offerings are limited, however it is a good place for a meal with a large grassy area, shade and seats.

There is a cafe at the Butterfly Farm in Batchelor.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,076 posts
1,383 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Litchfield to Katherine - Where to Eat? Batchelor an Option?

As LsBob mentioned the Monsoon Cafe - in Litchfield NP is a nice place for lunch.

latitude1308.com.au/litchfield-national-park…

You may even see some Aboriginal Artists at work. Last time I visited I brought a fab dot painting from an Artist who was exhibiting her work.

Udine, Italy
Level Contributor
396 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Litchfield to Katherine - Where to Eat? Batchelor an Option?

thank you for your replies!

Kakadu
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Litchfield to Katherine - Where to Eat? Batchelor an Option?

Hey 3pointsteve,

Sounds like a big day but do-able. Remember on the one day tour, litcfield tour is about 130km from Darwin, Katherine however is abour 230km. Start early , have lunch at Monsoon Cafe in Litchfield and leave for Katherine mid afternoon, you will get to Katherine, what most people would consider, late, but you will have more time in Litchfield, Litchfield would be hard to do in just half a day, unless you only go to Florence, Buley, Tolmer and Termite mounds (not Wangi) then you would have time.

PS, the Wangi Cafe has been pulled down, a new building is planned.

Reply to: Litchfield to Katherine - Where to Eat? Batchelor an Option?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Batchelor