We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gaspésie National Park - Worth the trip?

Columbus, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Gaspésie National Park - Worth the trip?

Hi!

I am heading on an eastern Canadian road trip in early September with a few friends. I thought I had everything planned out until I stumbled upon some really beautiful pictures of Gaspésie National Park, and now we may expand our trip a few days. We would be coming from either the Tadoussac area or Quebec City, and I believe the park is about 8+ hours from Tadoussac...is it worth 8 or more hours each way in the car, a ferry, the extra lodging costs, etc?

Also, is the area better for hiking or kayaking? We were going to kayak and whale watch in the Tadoussac area and then go hiking and camping in Gaspésie and visit Percé Rock and the Marcel Gagnon statues.

Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gaspésie National Park - Worth the trip?

If you like nature and hiking, the Parc de la Gaspésie is really worth it.

You can get more info at the Parcs Québec web site. You can stay in a lodge, small cabins or camp. you can also stay at nearby villages like Ste anne des Monts if you have a car to get to the park. The drive from Quebec ( the parc is on the other side of teh river than Tadoussac, is also beautiful. If you like kayaking, you can stop on the way at le Parc du Bic. Or from the Tadoussac side, you can drive east until you get to a point where there is a ferry to the south side of the St-Laurence river ( that will get you to the north side of the Gaspé peninsula, do get a map.)

Edited: 8:53 pm, April 15, 2011
2. Re: Gaspésie National Park - Worth the trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, April 29, 2011
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,678 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gaspésie National Park - Worth the trip?

beaumont;

Your post violates TripAdvisor's posting guidelines regarding self-promotional advertising or solicitation, and has been reported as inappropriate.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

montreal
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gaspésie National Park - Worth the trip?

was unaware, sorry, will not happen again

is there some way i can send my suggestion (add) to people enquiring about my area. i beleive it would be of great assistance to them?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,678 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gaspésie National Park - Worth the trip?

NO, that would also be self promotional advertising or solicitation.

tripadvisor.ca/help/what_are_the_guidelines_…

- "We would never walk into your home and start posting ads for our web site, so don’t do that to our community. Please refrain from posting commercial links and commercial or personal contact information in the forums unless it is directly requested. Do not proactively volunteer it."

- "Travelers do not visit the forums to be solicited or “sold to.” Please do not recommend your business on the forums, even if your business or property would seem to be an ideal fit for a traveler’s needs. Other forum members may recommend businesses or properties, but as an owner or representative you may not recommend your own business or property."

montreal
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gaspésie National Park - Worth the trip?

sorry wont happaen again

7. Re: Gaspésie National Park - Worth the trip?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, May 05, 2011
8. Re: Gaspésie National Park - Worth the trip?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:25 am, October 30, 2012