We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gravel Roads

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
339 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Gravel Roads

Hi

We'll be travelling from Gaspe to Gites du Mont Albert in early September.

I've googled directions and got three results;

Via QC 198 and Route du Lac St Anne - 171 km

Via QC198 and QC 132 - 239 km

Via QC 132 - 244 km

My first reaction was to go for the shortest route ..but I'm worried that Route du Lac St Anne may be unpaved and as we will have a rental car we are not covered by insurance if we take it on gravel/dirt roads ..so not keen to do that.

Am I right in this assumption ..given that there's only 5 km difference in the other 2 routes ..which one would you recommend ?

Thanks so much !!

Mentioned in this post
Gaspe
Gaspe
Gaspesie Region, Canada
Gaspesie Region...
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gravel Roads

The Gite du Mont Albert is accessible from route 299. If you aren't a local or an experienced outdoorsperson, don't go into the bush. Stick to the 132, 299, 198. The rest is back country and you can easily get lost.

Gaspesie Region...
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gravel Roads

Good read :)

https:/…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
339 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gravel Roads

Thanks for that ..I am used to driving in the Highlands of Scotland where we have single track roads !! But in my own car not a rental !

4. Re: Gravel Roads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, June 29, 2018