We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Quebec to Forillion

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
3 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Drive from Quebec to Forillion

Hello, We are planning to drive 10 hrs from Montreal to Quebec to Forillon national park. I would like to know if Forillon NP is really worth it at the end of a 10 hr drive. We have 2 days and would like to visit some NP around Quebec. Is there any other alternate place?

Gaspesie Region...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive from Quebec to Forillion

You have 2 days? You can't do Forillon in 2 days. Yes, the Gaspé is worth it, but the best spot isn't Forillon. You'll have to come back another time to see Percé, the Appalachian Trail, and the Chic Choc mountains!.

If you only have 2 days, stick close to Quebec city, probably aim for Tadoussac and the Charlevoix region. There are lots of hikes and it's only 2-3 hours from Québec city. tourisme-charlevoix.com/en/…7D

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive from Quebec to Forillion

and even if you tried doing that in 10 hrs you would drive right past Quebec City which is on the other side of the river and at least 1/2 hr from the bridge to the Old City which is what QC is all about.

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
3 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive from Quebec to Forillion

Thanks for the reply, i have 3 days totally including travel. I am planning to do whale watching on the way to gaspe one way. What other places do you suggest cliser to quebec if forillion is not the best

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
3 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive from Quebec to Forillion

We are interested in hiking with a bit of wildlife. Where do you think the best place to see moose, caribou and black bears in gaspe peninsula?

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive from Quebec to Forillion

if you want whale watching and QC look at going to Tadoussac.

croisieresaml.com/planifiez-votre-croisiere/…

Gaspesie Region...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drive from Quebec to Forillion

You have really underestimated this.

Whales: Tadoussac or Gaspé Bay

Caribou: Parc de la Gaspésie, Mont St Albert.

Bears: Forillon

The only one you can really do in 2-3 days from Montreal is Tadoussac. It has hiking and whales.

Edited: 9:12 pm, June 06, 2017
Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drive from Quebec to Forillion

The takeway from all this is that there is no guarantee what wildlife you might see. Please do not go with any expectations but just enjoy being in that beautiful province. And the people are nice and gracious. Enjoy :). I was incredibly fortunate but then I had two weeks which extends the odds. But you will still appreciate your adventure in our neighbor to the north. Merci, Quebec.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drive from Quebec to Forillion

Kayaking down rivière Jacques Cartier in Parc National de la Jacques-Cartier (provincial park) will provide you with great views, and some wildlife (I've seen bears and moose the three times I did it, but that's never a guarantee). And it's just 45 minutes north of Quebec City. As the other posters said, you can also head to Charlevoix (Parc des Grands Jardins or Parc des Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie) for some hiking and wildlife and then stop by Tadoussac for some whale watching. Gaspésie is a really, really great place, but you would need at least a week.

Also, you might want to have a look at the Quebec National Parks to make up your mind : http://www.sepaq.com/pq/

9. Re: Drive from Quebec to Forillion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, June 08, 2018