We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from Montreal to Gaspe

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Road trip from Montreal to Gaspe

Hi,

My husband and our friends (between 25-30 yo) are planning a road trip this summer from Montreal to Gaspé for 4 days 3 nights. This will be a first trip to Gaspé for all of us. Any suggested itineraries and stopovers? Thanks in advance!

Gaspesie Region...
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip from Montreal to Gaspe

What do you like?

Hangliding in Mont St-Pierre

Kayaking the Bonaventure at Cime Aventure

Overnighting at Carpinteri Vineyards

Fine dining at La Normandie in Percé

Inshore fishing with the lobstermen

Of course, you have to go see the gannets in Percé. You can also go hiking up Mont Albert to see the caribou or to Cap-Gaspé to see the whales. With only a few days you will have to narrow down exactly what you're most interested in. There are music festivals and museums too.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,680 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip from Montreal to Gaspe

This is a google map

it will take a min of 21 hrs to get there and back. Where does that fit in with you plan?

example

Day 1 drive 9-10 hrs to get to Gaspe no activities-sight seeing

Day 2 Gaspe Perce activity or sight seeing

Day 3 Perce ? tour boat/hike Ile Bonaventure

Day 4 drive 10 hrs back to Montreal

or

Day 1 drive about 5 hrs and do an activity and stay nearby for the night

Day 2 drive 5 hrs to Gaspe/Perce and activities in the afternoon/evening

Day 3 Perce area for visiting or; do a morning activity and drive 5 hrs to get back

Day 4 drive 10 hrs to get back or do something in the morning and drive 5 hrs.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip from Montreal to Gaspe

cbaarch... continuing with this thread. We are doing the same thing and are wondering if there is anywhere interesting to stop and stay one night between Montreal & Gaspe?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road trip from Montreal to Gaspe

I worked in Percé for three summers and on my last stay I had to come back to Montréal so took the bus but on the return I was with a friend that has a car. So we drove all the way to Percé in one single day. Very long journey but we managed to do it with one stop at the Reford Gardens + two meal time.

When my friend came back to Montréal he drove all the way back to Québec City by himself and stayed there for the night before doing the last leg of the trip with the 3 hours drive to Montréal.

So I would say that on the first day you can drive all the way to near Forillon Park and make stops at Parc du Bic and Reford Gardens if you leave Montréal early enough.

Next morning visit Forillon National park in the morning and then move to Percé that has a lot of restaurants and lodging options.

Next morning take the Bonaventure Island cruise and get off on the island to walk to the gannets colony. Afterward you could also add a bit more trek by going to the summit of Mont-Sainte Anne. Then in the evening you could shave a few hours of driving the next day by driving until the Campbelton or Carlton-sur-Mer that night and back to Montreal on the last day or do the whole drive from Percé to Montréal by the Chaleurs side of the Peninsula and then the Matapédia and then highway 20 but that will be a 15 hours + drive.

Gaspesie Region...
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Road trip from Montreal to Gaspe

I do this trip 4-6 times per year. Lots of great places to stay, depending on interests and budget.

My current faves are

1. Best Western Hotel Levesque in Riviere-du-loup. Awesome lounge, strawberry jam and Tesla charger.

2. Pointe-au-Pere, numerous motels, a decommissioned submarine and art deco lighthouse to visit. Wreck diving also, and golf.

3. Motel Belle Plage in Matane, right on the beach, great food.

4. Vignoble Carpinteri in St-Ulric, a Tuscan villa and vineyard about 2 kms off the highway. Imported italian food and a personal chef at the host's table.

5. Le Fol Jardin in St-Roch-des-aulnaies. Funky art space.

6. Gite du Mont-Albert near Ste-Anne-des-Monts. Great hiking, mountains, caribou.

And if money is no object, then the Chic Choc Mountain Lodge. Off grid luxury. …canada.travel/things-to-do/…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Road trip from Montreal to Gaspe

Great info, thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Road trip from Montreal to Gaspe

Thanks!

8. Re: Road trip from Montreal to Gaspe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, April 27, 2018