We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indie Music bars? & deep sea Marlin / shark fishing?

bristol
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Indie Music bars? & deep sea Marlin / shark fishing?

Hello

Coming over for a weekend in september with a group of 15 lads, most of the group like indie older rock music and I was wondering if there are any bars that play this type of music eg stone roses etc

Also can you recommend a fishing company that can cater for 15 for a 3 hour or so fishing trip with all tackle rods etc supplied? do any of the companies pick up direct from lloret beach?

thanks

Lloret de Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Indie Music bars? & deep sea Marlin / shark fishing?

It's possible to get a sea fishing trip organised but as for marlin and sharks Ive never heard of any in the Costa Brava area, but If you want help getting something arranged then just send me a private message with your email address.....Jackie

bristol
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indie Music bars? & deep sea Marlin / shark fishing?

Hi jackie

thanks for getting back to me, I cant see how to private message! can you send me one and I will send you my email address.

Do you have any other ideas for a stag do other than the more cliche booze cruise type of thing? I was thinking is there a pitch and putt golf course or fishing trip? any other ideas?

many thanks

Manchester
Level Contributor
401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indie Music bars? & deep sea Marlin / shark fishing?

I can't speak for Lloret as it was a long time since I went, but certainly no indie back then, you might have got the Clash playing in the background in one of the pubs etc but that was about it. I believe there is a rock bar in Lloret though, so that might suit you. It would be nice if some of the bar owners in the larger Spanish resorts that the Brits don't all like RnB and bloody chart music!.

The problem is that sort of music seems to be a very British taste, and it seems to be hard to find outside of the UK and Ireland.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,820 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indie Music bars? & deep sea Marlin / shark fishing?

There are loads of excellent indie bands in Catalunya. Probably easier to find in BCN than in the resorts where LCD probably applies but check out acts like San Leon (listen to "Kill all the Yuppies"), Cat People ( https://myspace.com/catpeopletheband ) and ska/rock etc band Trast ( http://www.trastmusica.com/ ) who seem to have done some gigs on the Costa Brava this year.

Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indie Music bars? & deep sea Marlin / shark fishing?

Yatses hardrock bar is probably ur best bet. Just round the corner from the londoner club

Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indie Music bars? & deep sea Marlin / shark fishing?

Yatses hardrock bar is probably ur best bet. Just round the corner from the londoner club

7. Re: Indie Music bars? & deep sea Marlin / shark fishing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lloret de Mar
Recent Conversations