We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Frigola - Broadway Travel

Which Lloret de Mar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
978 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Frigola - Broadway Travel

WE stayed at this appalling Hotel back in August 2011 and had a terrible time resulting in us changing our hotel whilst there.

When we got back I complained to our travel agent regarding the matter and below is the last response I had from them 5 months later !

Dear Mr B.......,

We are writing with reference to your recent email sent to my colleague L.... C..... in regards to your recent response and we regret that you remain unhappy with the response received.

Please be advised that having checked the booking details once again, we can confirm that you were indeed charged to move hotels while you were in resort. Please be advised that the charges involved were the net cost of the difference between the cancellation at the original hotel Frigola Lloret and the charges for the remaining nights at the Don Juan Hotel. Please be advised that although both properties are officially rated at 3 star, the Don Juan is a more expensive property due its more recent renovation and also its preferred location within the resort. The Hotel Frigola is a more dated, basic, 3 star property and this is reflected in the price you initially paid for this property. In view of this we would be unable to offer any refund of the charges made at the time of the change in resort.

We regret that the chosen accommodation did not meet with your requirements due to the noise and your unhappiness with the food being served. In regards to your comments concerning the lack of air-conditioning and having checked the description that was available to you at the time of your reservation, we can find no reference to this service being listed and it is therefore unclear why you would have expected this to have been included. We have checked our complaint records dating back to May and would like to advise that we have received no similar complaints concerning the food or indeed any of the issues you have raised and we regret that your personal expectations were not met on this occasion.

We would again like to apologise for any further inconvenience caused by the incorrect information provided by L..... in her initial response. We would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments into writing as it is only on receipt of such that we are able to maintain and improve the level of service we deliver to our clients now and in the future. We look forward to assisting you with your future travel arrangements should you afford us the opportunity and should you wish to utilise our services for your future travel arrangements, please call our freephone number on 0800 077 6824 where you will be assisted personally by an experienced travel professional.

Yours sincerely

E... P... (C.C.B.T)

Customer Relations Manager.

I strongly advise people to complain to their travel agent if they encounter problems whilst away because they are ruining peoples holidays and just try to sidestep any complaints. I cannot believe that nobody else has complained about this Hotel just look at the reviews (although The Frigola was reviewed as the Flamingo/Frigola until very recently when Trip Advisor removed all Frigola reports from the Flamingo reviews).

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Frigola - Broadway Travel

My last holiday with Broadway Travel resulted us being sent to the wrong hotel .Complaints at the resort and when we came back got us nowhere . Broadway Travel said that they were merely the agents and it was not a package holiday , despite the the fact that they organized everything . ABTA refused to deal with us on the grounds that the supplier that Broadway Travel used to book the hotel are not ABTA registered.

They have lost a good customer.

Bicester, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Frigola - Broadway Travel

Ray, Look at my reply to the 'New Frigola reviews' the email from the Flamingo clearly states that the Frigola is not suitable for couples and that their tour operators are advised of this...lot of people have had holidays in a hotel 'not fit for purpose'!!

Maggie.

J R
Manchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Frigola - Broadway Travel

I would never use broadway travel again - we had a disastrous experience with them last year, it was only my last minute efforts contacting the hotel themselves (who then took pity on me!) that saved our holiday.

Somehow this company manages to bypass the usual safeguards that the package holiday laws were meant to protect consumers from and ABTA do not help.

There are no doubt good and bad hotels out there, but companies like Broadway do nothing to help travellers who pay them good money.

We learnt our lesson and would never use these people again.

bolton
Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Frigola - Broadway Travel

I booked a holiday online at around 23.00, (a couple of weeks ago, to Milan) realised very quickly that the hotel I had actually selected which advertised free airport shuttle bus was actually not the airport we were landing at, and was about 50 miles away, and practically impossible to get to at the time of night we were arriving at. phoned from 08.00a.m next morning, got palmed off at first department I got through to, when I did get through at about 09.30, they said the hotel could only be changed at a cost of £167.00, even though the difference on the website between the 2 hotels was about £30.00, as I was no longer booking flights. (I had booked the flights through BWT the night before).

They would not give reference number to book a checked in bag, stating they charge the same price as Ryanair, they don't.

Holiday was one of the worst I have ever had due to the location of the hotel, which should not in my view even come up as an option, it was based at Malpensa airport, we had to travel for over an hour to get to Milan central at a cost of £40. euro's each day, and there is nothing at Malpensa airport. Bergamo airport, the airport we landed at is only 10 minutes from the town, and a pleasant place. I unwittingly did not realise that Milan has more than one airport.

I have travelled with companies from Shoestring to Kuoni and Riviera and Archers and even Asda travel at each point these companies have always remembered they are providing a holiday to the customer and treated me as such. BWT need to remember the customer is supposed to be signing up to and paying for a pleasant experience not an endurance test. Needless to say I do not think I will be using their services again.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Frigola - Broadway Travel

Avoid Broadway travel!! Agent sent me information on a hotel that was all fictional. Despite being sent by the agent at Broadway travel they are not to blame as they sent the information provided by a other company on the internet. They are abta covered and do not take any responsibility for any advertising given by them to us. Broadway have perfected the perfect holiday scam! Just make up a web site, find out what the customer wants make what you want to sell fit customers needs then send it to them. Broadway have been making lots of money on this basis and well yes they sent you the description but in the terms and conditions they say no responsibility for any advertising or descriptions sent. So despite committing fraud you nobody can do anything.

6. Re: Hotel Frigola - Broadway Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lloret de Mar