We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from barcellona airport to Lloret del Mar

Malta
2 posts
Save Topic
transport from barcellona airport to Lloret del Mar

I would like to know if there will be any taxis available at Barcellona airport to lloret de mar during the night. My family and I, 4 in all, will arrive by midnight at the airport and the only means to go to our hotel is by taxi. Do you know the prize for four persons, approxiamtely?

UK
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from barcellona airport to Lloret del Mar

Used to work there about 4 years ago, and you will have no problem getting a taxi, there are more taxis than people flying into barcelona.

Taxi can cost anything between ������60 - ������ 80 to get there, as it is probably about 50 - 1hr away.

Always negotiate price before getting in, you will probably get it cheaper.

Good luck, Lloret is a great place.

Mentioned in this post
Lloret Beach
Lloret Beach
3,934 Reviews
Lloret de Mar, Spain
MALTA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from barcellona airport to Lloret del Mar

Hi,

I saw your above message and could not beleive what I was reading as I am Maltese like you and I am looking for the same kind of service. It looks like that getting from Barcellona airport to LLoret de Mar is going to cost us a considerable amount of money. Transfer fee arranged by Air Malta would cost Lm130.00 each way and I ve been told that Taxis are even more expensive espescilly at that time of the night.

I have an idea. I have some considerable experience in driving over mainland europe and it would not be a problem for me to drive from Barcellona airport to Lloret De mar. If we happen to travel on the same dates maybe we can hire and drive a multi passenger vehicle and share the bill between us. What do you think? We plan to travel to Costa brava on Sunday 28th August and retrun to Malta on Sunday 3rd Septmber and we will be four in number, two adults and two children. If you are interested, you can send me an e-mail on keldar@maltanet.net or else give me a ring on my mobile phone number 79442077.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

MARIO GRIMA.

Mentioned in this post
Lloret de Mar
Lloret de Mar
Costa Brava, Spain
Costa Brava
Costa Brava
Province of Girona, Spain
Xaf
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from barcellona airport to Lloret del Mar

Joneskill, 50 EUR? 50 EUR to go to Lloret? 50 EUR is the price for a trip between the airport and the farest place INSIDE the metropolitan area of Barcelona. My father paid also 4 years ago 150€ between a town next to Granollers (30 kms Barcelona) and Barcelona.

Arriving at midnight at the airport and going to Lloret tired with your family, your luggage, etc. Believe-me, your trip HAS NO PRICE. You'll pay as much as the taxi driver ask you. Officialy, your trip should be metered until the end of the metropolitan area. Since there, you have to pay per kilometer. And you have to pay the trip going to Lloret and the same cost as a returning trip because the taxi can't take people there and have to back empty to Barcelona. The fact is that you'll have to negotiate the price and being midnight no more options will be avaible.

Maybe the Air Malta transfer service for 130LT is not so bad...

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Granollers
Granollers
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Lloret Beach
Lloret Beach
3,934 Reviews
Lloret de Mar, Spain
Get answers to your questions about Lloret de Mar