We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trapani to Palermo

Which Trapani hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Trapani to Palermo

What is the best way to travel from Trapani citycentre to Palermo? Bus or train? How long does it take?

137 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,609 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trapani to Palermo

Ciao alphamalta,

Bus is the best way - Interbus runs the direct bus service. No one takes the train unless requiring a station between Trapani and Palermo.

http://www.interbus.it/Home.aspx

Vagabonda

Malta
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trapani to Palermo

Dear vagabonda,

Can you please tell me where the bus from Trapani to Palermo stops in Palermo? Is it near the Duomo or Teatro Massimo?

A great many thanks for your very big help!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,609 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trapani to Palermo

Dear iv b,

The stops are different depending on schedule - You can check for stops fpr your specific run by clicking on “Palermo” under “Arrivo” on the schedule screen.

For example some runs stop at Università Orleans, P.za Cairoli interno Stazione FS, Viale Picciotti, 86. Other buses stop at Via Belgio, Via Croce Rossa, 127, Via Libertà, 169, Via Turati, 3 (Zona Politeama), P.za Cairoli interno Stazione FS, Viale Picciotti, 86

Vagabonda

Malta
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trapani to Palermo

Ok thanks a lot! How much is it approximately to catch a taxi in Palermo from one of these stops to somewhere near Catedrale or Teatro Massimo?

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trapani to Palermo

There's no need of a (pricey) taxi, if you get off the bus at via Turati stop (Politeama) , it's a short walking distance in a straight line from teatro Massimo.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,609 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trapani to Palermo

La Cattedrale di Palermo is reached by local AMAT bus lines from Politeama or the train station.

…palermo.it/notizie%20per%20i%20visitatori/i…

www.amat.pa.it/index.php…

Expect to pay €15 for a taxi from either Politeama or Palermo Centrale to the Cattedrale di Palermo – Agree on a rate prior to entering the taxi.

Vagabonda

Alicante, Spain
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trapani to Palermo

Hello! Please could you tell me if must we apply for a taxi if we get off at via liberata and our hotel is at via Roma at 23:20?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,609 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trapani to Palermo

Assuming you are referencing the Prestia e Comandè bus from the airport to Palermo, there is more than one stop on Via Libertà.

Where are you trying to go? Which hotel?

Vagabonda

Alicante, Spain
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trapani to Palermo

We will arrive with the bus wich came from trapani airport, I think is called terravision, and it's stop at via liberata, it stops in more than one place in via liberata? and we must go to hotel del centro.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,609 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trapani to Palermo

You would take the Terravision service to the next to the last stop, Stazione Centrale - Piazza G. Cesare.

Hotel del Centro is a 3/4-minute walk from Piazza Giulio Cesare.

You would also find taxis at the train station – The fare should be no more than €10.

Vagabonda

Reply to: Trapani to Palermo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted