We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

Which Trapani hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin, ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

Has anyone any idea how to get from the airport of trapani to the centre. cant seem to find anything

thanks

347 replies to this topic
Marsascala, Malta
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
181. Re: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

Dear Vagabonda,

As a side question are there car hire agencies at Trapani Airport like the ones found at Catania Airport?

Autoeurope does not serve there.

I found rentalcars.com which provides hire from Trapani airport (I don't know rentalcars.com reliability though). Ryan Air has only late night schedules from Malta and that is why I always opted to land at Catania Airport.

Trapani would make a very good starting point for San Vito Lo Capo, Erice, the islands etc....

Regards

David.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,444 posts
Save Reply
182. Re: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

Hi David,

Yes, you would find all the internationally known suppliers at Trapani's airport like at Catania's airport, and AutoEurope does serve both Trapani and Trapani Birgi.

There's a glitch on the AutoEurope website, so contact AutoEurope directly, because Avis, Hertz, and Europcar have locations at Trapani Birgi, and Avis and Europcar have locations in Trapani.

Avoid rentalcars.com. Use the Search box for many recent threads describing horrific experiences.

Trapani is a late arriving destination, and the car suppliers and hotels accommodate these late arrivals without any problems.

And certainly Trapani is your optimal airport for San Vito Lo Capo, Erice, the Egadi....

The best -

Vagabonda

Marsascala, Malta
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
183. Re: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

Big thanks Vagabonda......

Massive reply as usual...

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,444 posts
Save Reply
184. Re: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

Prego David,

It's really important in Sicily to book your vehicle from a reliable broker (AutoEurope, Kemwell, and Gemüt) who deals with internationally known suppliers (Avis, Europcar, Hertz…) – When booking your vehicle, ask about the supplier and avoid Maggiore, Autoeuropa (not AutoEurope), Sicily by Car, Locauto, Thrifty, Advantage, Firefly, Dollar….

The best -

Vagabonda

Stockholm...
1 post
Save Reply
185. Re: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

where can I find name of busstops.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,444 posts
Save Reply
186. Re: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

Welcome to Sicily Ewelinazywic!

Schedules are available on arrival, or you could ask on arrival. Buses typically depart from Trapani's train station or port.

Vagabonda

Bratislava
1 post
Save Reply
187. Re: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

Hi Vagabonda :)

I would like to ask, if shuttle bus from airport (Trapani) stops at train station. I found schedule only from Airporto Birgi to Trapani port. How far is train station from Trapani port or centre (by walk or city bus)?

Thanx a lot for answer.

Martina

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,444 posts
Save Reply
188. Re: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

Welcome to Sicily Martina B!

The Trapani AST website is a disgrace this year, and it assumes that non-residents would know the stops.

Yes, the bus also stops at the train station. Enter Aeroporto Birgi and then Trapani Terminal.

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,444 posts
Save Reply
189. Re: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

You can see the port and also the Stazione, about a 15-minute walk, but ATM is Trapani's local urbano bus service.

planetware.com/map/trapani-old-town-map-i-i1…

http://www.atmtrapani.it/

atmtrapani.it/images/…ORARI_ESTIVI_2013.pdf

Vagabonda

malta
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
190. Re: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?

we booked a flight to trapani and we will arrive in trapani on sunday 22nd September at 7 in the evening . wil there be buses to trapani centre pls? we will be staying at the blue Residence in Lungomare.Is ther a shuttle service pls and at what time Thx

Reply to: transfer from trapani airport to the centre of trapani?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted